Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Did you mean to link to a specific one on Ebay?

The link returns 129 matches.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Its been discussed here before but I'm just not a fan of the Saleen Challenger. The front grill is hideous with the three boxes and the rear isn't much better. The white stripe in the middle of the rear lights looks out of place and I've never figured out what the openings under the rear side marker lights are supposed to be (vents??).

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The only thing I really like about the SMS Challenger is the functional butterfly valves. They look pretty nice IMO.

I think the stock Challenger hood would look good with butterfly valves in the inlets.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Anyone else notice how royally screwed up the front fascia is?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
I gotta say, I have never been a fan of the SMS, but it all seems to work better on the black that the lighter colors. I guess because you don't see it all. I hated the hood on the blue ones I have seen, but it looks pretty sharp on the black. Still don't like all the other stuff.

Don't know if 59K is cheap or not.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That is kind of cheap for an SMS car. I noticed it had the base stereo (single disc) and the factory window sticker shows a delivered price of $32K and change. I guess $59K is cheap along the Saleen line since their propaganda shows $74K.

About the only thing that catches my eye is the blower ;)

Be interesting to see if that car sells. I followed one of their 570X cars for a long, long time and it never sold (at least not on Ebay).

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Anyone else notice how royally screwed up the front fascia is?
Wow, didn't notice that. The full passenger side picture looks like the car had been involved in a crash or something. That is a poor fit on both sides but the passenger side looks bad bad.

Yeah, I also read the specs which includes a $700 option for the "SMS Tailor made powertrain upgrades" for an additional $700.00 stating "this upgrade replaces the stock gear ratio with a 3.92:1 final gear ratio".

Ummmm, doesn't the 20" wheel 6 speed already come with a 3.92:1 rear gear? Mine did.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Before you go watching/bidding, notice that *I believe* this is a 570, NOT a 570X. Big difference there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts