Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen on ebay that you can get R/T Classic style side stripes for about $60. This scares me a little. I don't want to pay $240 for a set but $60 seems too cheap by comparison. I emailed the vender and they said they are close but not exact to the OEM stripes. I want my stripes to look pretty darn OEM. Anyone know anything about these cheaper stripes or where I can get a great price on a set? I would prefer white.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I noticed that at least one vendor was making a stripe that was a bit wider than OEM, I think it was Motorink.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was really happy with the quality of the vinyl at big worm graphics and they are less expensive than rider graphics. R/T style stripes are $150.

The cheap vinyl on ebay may be ok and worth the gamble if you are installing yourself so you can yank em off and install higher end vinyl if you're unhappy with the quality of the cheap stuff.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Big Worm was cheaper than other vendors I shopped. Like 3 times cheaper. It's vinyl, man. I'd try the cheap stuff if the cut is right. The only reason I bought stripes is there was no one local that I trusted to get the dimensions exact, though to be fair, anyone probably could've. I just felt the price outweighed the gamble.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
In my travels I have found there are differences in the vinyl qualities, if you're buying on eBay just make sure it's coming from inside the U.S or you can potentially end up with poorly cut thin vinyl and/or nasty adhesive on the backing not to mention weird off color hues

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I bought my stripes off ebay for $76 two years ago and they still look perfect.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I got these off ebay for 20 bucks and put them on myself

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
There's some folks on eBay who make stickers that fit right on those HEMI badges. I put red on mine, really pops on the hood! You should get some to match those stripes. Let me know if you want to see a picture..........

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
yea, if I ever need replacements Big Worm gets my business, besides they are like
5 minutes from my house..:)

Reactions: NFD3L

·
Registered
53 Posts
There's some folks on eBay who make stickers that fit right on those HEMI badges. I put red on mine, really pops on the hood! You should get some to match those stripes. Let me know if you want to see a picture..........
I'd love to see a pic cuz I've been thinking of doing that... Vendor name as well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've seen on ebay that you can get R/T Classic style side stripes for about $60. This scares me a little. I don't want to pay $240 for a set but $60 seems too cheap by comparison. I emailed the vender and they said they are close but not exact to the OEM stripes. I want my stripes to look pretty darn OEM. Anyone know anything about these cheaper stripes or where I can get a great price on a set? I would prefer white.
If these are the ebay stripes you are asking about, I've had these on for just about two years now and they still look great. Daily driver, rain or shine, and sits in the hot Florida sun all day at work. I think the ad said they won't start fading for 5 or 7 years or so.

Friendly bit of advice after learning the hard way (if you install them using the dry method) install the door sections first.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We can help you. We are licensed by Chrysler which assures you are getting a quality product.
Are the RT Classic style side stripes the same cut as OEM? Can I get RT script on those?

·
Registered
58 Posts
R/T script decals/stripes

The R/T script is a Mopar licensed product and can only be reproduced by licensed manufacturers. Chrysler has tough enforcement and is very aggressive in enforcing its brand.

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
For what it's worth, I have applied several sets of hood to fender stripes. One OEM set, wet method, came out perfect. Two sets from Rider graphix, wet method, came out excellent except the rt side "R/T" emblem was not laid evenly on the paper when they cut it, gap was crooked, so double check gap measurements on their product before you start and I ended up on the second set, which was incorrect as well, cutting off the "R/T" and applying it separately, and one set from Phoenix Graphix. I made a big boo boo on that one. They have a gel to use for application and I cannot recommend it. The stripes were good and OEM size, but I used the same method as I had done in the past and huge bubbles started forming after I sqeegeed it. It was like the gel thinned out and the excess was being sucked back under. That's the best way I can explain it. But in any case I totally screwed it up and had to remove them. Great stripes I just should have used soappy water instead of the gel. I previously bought a set from Big Worm but I discovered after purchase that they are nowhere near OEM size and I thought it would look goofy so here they sit in a box.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Dude......

If these are the ebay stripes you are asking about, I've had these on for just about two years now and they still look great. Daily driver, rain or shine, and sits in the hot Florida sun all day at work. I think the ad said they won't start fading for 5 or 7 years or so.

Friendly bit of advice after learning the hard way (if you install them using the dry method) install the door sections first.

Now this.........really does look good, purple on white, NICE!:IThankYou:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts