Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Got a check engine light in my black 392 and took it to the dealer. Service said today that the code was for evap from the O2 sensor in the left exhaust that was loose from the factory and needed to be tightened.

Problem was fixed and back on the road no more check engine light :)

R/S
Chris

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the glowing orange engine light on the left side of the dash.

R/S
Chris

·
Registered
46 Posts
I hope my fix is that simple. I will be dropping mine off tomorrow for the same light. I just hope when they say its a bad sensor they don't just disable the sensor because they can't detect the prob. I will see what they say for mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same problem my post (#53 engine malfunction light) after tightening o2 sensor light came on after 60 mi. Second trip dealer changed both O2 sensors. I now have put 200 mi. since last fix No light so far.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks guys...this thread is giving me a little bit of peace. My check engine light came on this morning on the way to work. ~700 miles.

I hate the thought of having to take it to the dealer!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well......my check engine light came back on today....must take to dealer on Monday....will post when we find out the problem but I am sure it is the same evap error code from the O2 sensor....maybe this time they will replace the O2 sensors like they did for cprking!

·
Registered
6 Posts
IE #146 I've had my car back to the dealer 4 times for the engine light. they have no idea. keep telling me that theyare calling the factory but nothing comes of it... will be watching this thread and will post if I hear anything . hope someone gets it resolved

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dealer have no clue

I have brought my car back to dealer 4 times as well. Each time they give me false promise that it is fixed. I told them the code reads the O2 sensor. They strange thing about my car is it comes on when the car gets wet. Rain or carwash can trigger it. During this time the car won't auto start or run in econo mode. Not to mention what other things could be damaging my baby!

Spending 50k on a car with 470+ HP suck when you have to baby it because it has malfuntion light on. I called Dodge customer support and they have been following my case with the dealership since the 2nd visist. More of us need to do this as well. It is the only way to get a recall if one is needed.

Cross my fingers that the next trip will find a solution.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have brought my car back to dealer 4 times as well. Each time they give me false promise that it is fixed. I told them the code reads the O2 sensor. They strange thing about my car is it comes on when the car gets wet. Rain or carwash can trigger it. During this time the car won't auto start or run in econo mode. Not to mention what other things could be damaging my baby!

Spending 50k on a car with 470+ HP suck when you have to baby it because it has malfuntion light on. I called Dodge customer support and they have been following my case with the dealership since the 2nd visist. More of us need to do this as well. It is the only way to get a recall if one is needed.

Cross my fingers that the next trip will find a solution.
Two words - dielectric grease. I'm pretty sure the wiring harness on these O2 sensors is allowing contaminants (salt, dirt, water) inside. When that happens the pins short across the terminals and it throws the code. Tell the tech to use dielectric grease on the harness connectors.

·
Registered
498 Posts
My engine light came on with 400mi. on the car. It's a 2011 5.7 though. It was lightly raining. When the light came on I lost power as well, like when you hit the limiter. The light flashed for a couple minutes then went out. As soon as I got home I hooked up my scanner and there were no stored or pending codes.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Followed up with dealer this week. Still saying that they are looking into what they claim is a known issue. My check engine light comes on and goes off with no noticeable pattern. At this point there is no performance issue with the car when the light is on. Just a pain that with the dollars spent there is still an issue. A bit embarrassing when someone wants to checkout the car to have the warning light on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I keep getting a P0153 code 02 circuit slow responce bank 2 sensor 1 where is it located on the mid pipes I have a cat delete with a tune and the rear 02's shut off...just need to know what sensor it is and where it is located right left front or back

·
Registered
440 Posts
That would be the side cylinder number 2 is on. I believe right side, upstream sensor

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's good to be able to go to a place and research issues. Engine light just went on today. 2300 miles. Plan to go to dealer with a print out of this thread.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
had the same problem awhile ago. Corroded o2 sensors. Replaced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts