Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As far as mods right now fastman tb mopar cia diablo sport catch can plus i1000 dcx. Want long tube headers contacted my local dyno shop kinda freaking me out saying if I do myself check engine light problems car wont run right. They say wont utilize headers with out dyno? Could I use dcx and program car for long tubes? Found stain less steel headers plus the midpipes with cats in the 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 for bout 1500 to 1700. Dyno shop are talking 3200 to do this I mean really double the price WOW

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
SRT should use 1-7/8 Headers you do not need a Dyno tune for headers just a email tune to adjust rear 02s and some minor engine adjustments.

1,931 Posts
You already have short tube headers from the factory...going to long tubes will cost a lot of $$ for little hp gain....I have a 426 stroker and still have the OEM shorty headers putting out 513RWHP....no plans to go to long tubes....a good st of drag radials will make a big difference at the track for less than half the cost..

·
Registered
832 Posts
I would be curious to see how longtubes do on your stroker. I think it would be better than you think. I would like to get longtubes but for the price your getting quoted forget about it. That's a heads and cam package.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts