Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am changing my stock shifter for my new Hurst shifter. I have everything removed down to the shifter body and I see my left pin is missing. I call the dealer where I take it to get serviced and he said cant warranty it...not done in house and cant prove I didn't loose it (please). So I got one ordered and it will be here tomorrow some time for around six bucks.

Any one else find this issue?

Those who have 392's (as mine is) check your pins to make sure there both there! This was a problem on earlier models according to a Dodge Viper Tech...

·
Registered
75 Posts
So I am changing my stock shifter for my new Hurst shifter. I have everything removed down to the shifter body and I see my left pin is missing. I call the dealer where I take it to get serviced and he said cant warranty it...not done in house and cant prove I didn't loose it (please). So I got one ordered and it will be here tomorrow some time for around six bucks.

Any one else find this issue?

Those who have 392's (as mine is) check your pins to make sure there both there! This was a problem on earlier models according to a Dodge Viper Tech...
Sounds like you got one built by the guys caught smoking pot on the job.:disgust:

·
Registered
97 Posts
You're not the only one! I posted something about this around Jan time frame. I ordered the Hurst Shifter and upon installing, found out that the left pin was missing. I haven't fixed it yet, but the rattle from the vibrations under acceleration is starting to really bug me!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts