Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not Challenger related but you have to appreciate the technology.

Sick...Still lovin' my SRT8.

Rob

·
Registered
236 Posts
Those are amazing, i saw the showon SPEED where they showed the developing process and especially the Laguna Seca edition. They are built in very low numbers, apparently 25 for Canada.

A friend of mine works as a mechanic at a Ford dealership and told me they will get one and it took only 3 hours for it to sell. They haven't received it yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Cool idea. Even better though, would be a mode on the car you could set for other drivers/dealerships where you could set max speed and rpm. I typically do not let other people drive my car unless I'm inside but, when I had my exhaust installed the mechanics did. I pulled up to the shop just after they went for a joyride. not happy

·
Registered
726 Posts
More noise doesn't equal more power. So what are the choices with this mode? Come to a complete stop, shutdown and restart with the Super-Duper key? An SRT8 will be long gone by then... I'll bet Ford actually charges more for that key than the standard one.
Gimmicks. Someone remove this profanity from my sight! Just kidding. To each his own.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Doesn't matter what "american" make it is - when it comes to the sweet thumping sound of overlap induced cam lope - My mind instantly goes to hot rod paradise :)

Some day when I retire and V8s have long been put to pasture and banned from public roads - I will have a loping cam V8 blender built in the back yard.

The neighborhood will know when the margaritas are ready.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yup, I agree..sounds like music. If it wasn't for one manufacturer making these cars/raising the bar, there would be no need for any competition from other manufaturers:bigthumb:

As for the whole key/tune thing, it is definitely an interesting concept. You can actually change your tune on demand with nothing other than a computer chip in a key. I'm wondering how many owners of these cars will drive it on the street in "standard" mode using the regular key.:scratchhead: I'm betting not many, if any. I know I wouldn't be.:browsmiley:

·
Registered
726 Posts
more

Actually it does RR. The Track Key feature is an actual factory tune.

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 TracKey Debuts

Rob
From your link: "The software alters more than 400 engine management parameters, says Ford, and adds a two-stage launch-control feature inspired by the one on the Cobra Jet racecar, noted Ford in a statement. By using a combination of steering-wheel buttons, drivers can toggle the tachometer needle to a desired launch rpm."
"TracKey is not for use on the street," Jeff Seaman, a Mustang powertrain engineer"

Horsepower/Torque increase is what now? Specifics would be nice. Is the rearend an IRS or solid axle? Sounds like a tricked version of my Bullitt which was a so-so performer as long as the road was smooth.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What was it that Chris Farley said in the movie Tommy Boy? - If ya want me to take a crap in a box and call it guaranteed, i will. i have spare time.

You know why manufacturers put guarantees on the box? b/c they know they just sold you a guaranteed P.O.S!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts