Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at used SRT's 11-14, primarily 13 / 14's. Not sure when I'll pull the trigger, certainly not in a hurry. Seems a fair number of these cars get modified. How can I tell if the stock tune has been replaced? Is it something the dealer can check for (and / or reverse) prior to purchase?

I'm basically a keep it stock type.

Appreciate any useful feedback.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm looking at used SRT's 11-14, primarily 13 / 14's. Not sure when I'll pull the trigger, certainly not in a hurry. Seems a fair number of these cars get modified. How can I tell if the stock tune has been replaced? Is it something the dealer can check for (and / or reverse) prior to purchase?

I'm basically a keep it stock type.

Appreciate any useful feedback.
If you're buying from a Dodge dealer, they can scan for changes to the software and fix/reset back to stock. If you're buying from "not" a Dodge dealer... go to a Dodge dealer to buy a car. I would be more worried if the car had a tune then what else was modified like exhaust or some type of engine internal item you can't see, and how hard was the car beaten on.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
694 Posts
I believe someone with a Diablo tuner can hook up to a pre-2015 car and read what tune is in it.

Of course, you'd need to find someone with a tuner to borrow to read it and the dealer would have to allow you to do it.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have a diablo trinity tuner and I am unable to look up "a tune". I can restore a tune but not look at what is present. I would not be very worried about if the car had a tune. The reality is most cars stay stock. You will have a skewed perspective if you read an enthusiast site about how many people mod their cars. I think you will find most SRT owners are fairly meticulous car owners and the car's are well cared for. A dealer can look to see if the car has been "flashed" but I don't think they can tell what was done specifically and they should be able to restore it to factory setting s w/o an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts