Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put rear of car up on ramps to do some fluid film treatment about a month after purchasing.....and found this.

Guessing the damage on both sides was done when put on, or taken off truck during delivery to dealer, or dealer possibly caught it on lift in garage?

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Put rear of car up on ramps to do some fluid film treatment about a month after purchasing.....and found this.

Guessing the damage on both sides was done when put on, or taken off truck during delivery to dealer, or dealer possibly caught it on lift in garage?
Was this on a brand new car? I'd be asking the dealer what the heck happened? There should be a record of 'damaged in transit'.

·
Super Moderator
15,392 Posts

Could be load / unload from transporter, drove into deep pothole / rut in trainyard. Looks like it contact the forward portion of that plastic panel, then smacked into the puck.

I've seen happen with a car that was going into a driveway that had a deep dip and curb and hump in driveway - knocked the lifting puck off, pulled bolt out.

·
Registered
2011 392 SRT, 2010 R/T Classic, 2019 R/T Plus, 2016 SXT Plus
411 Posts
I've had similar issues. Pisses me off.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes its a new car. Those plastic panels on both sides cover the fuel tanks. Don't know what the plastic puck is there for? but both of them are tweaked and the sealant along the rocker panel bottom seam is scraped of as well but no marks on plastic rocker covers.

·
Super Moderator
15,392 Posts
yes its a new car. Those plastic panels on both sides cover the fuel tanks. Don't know what the plastic puck is there for? but both of them are tweaked and the sealant along the rocker panel bottom seam is scraped of as well but no marks on plastic rocker covers.
Those are the rear lift points for a floor jack or a post lift.

There are plastic covers that are included with the lift puck as well as the other panels that cover the ends of the fuel tank.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeah,I be taking that car back asap. Spend enough money on these cars,it better be in pristine condition. That sucks dude.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Could be load / unload from transporter, drove into deep pothole / rut in trainyard. Looks like it contact the forward portion of that plastic panel, then smacked into the puck.

I've seen happen with a car that was going into a driveway that had a deep dip and curb and hump in driveway - knocked the lifting puck off, pulled bolt out.

That's funny...you just very closely described what happened to me with my new unpaved driveway. Had some buried concrete blocks partially buried but got ripped up when I bottomed out due to the steepness of my driveway and a very low spot at the curb line.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm pretty sure I didn't hit anything. The car did have 25 miles on it when I bought it. Someone could have hit something while test driving it. I pulled out of the dealer the day I got it and don't remember any steep bumps, curbs or spots where it could have scraped.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm pretty sure I didn't hit anything. The car did have 25 miles on it when I bought it. Someone could have hit something while test driving it. I pulled out of the dealer the day I got it and don't remember any steep bumps, curbs or spots where it could have scraped.
You would have known it for sure!

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
I’d make the dealer address it and not leave without them agreeing to correcting it under warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had similar problems in the past. Now I always have the dealer put the car on their lift so I can inspect it underneath. Both new and used. So far, their always happy to do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts