Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am baffled right now by this. I bought my car with about 17K on it in Oct. of last year. Car had 2 of the best mods money could buy for a otherwise stock Challenger. A Kenne Bell system and Corsa exhaust. Well over the past 1500 mils since ownership I have emptied my Billet Technology catch can 3 times. I decided today to change the oil and go over to Royal Purple 10-30W first thing I noticed was how dark\contaminated the fluid was. Needless to say I did the swap and got about 7 quarts in the car which is right. After the change I decided to fill the one 5 quart container with the old oil to dispose and would take the rest in another container. Needless to say I GOT 4 QUARTS out of the car. There was NO knocking what so ever from my car. This was a very valuable lesson. Check your fluids people. Being boosted and a driver of this car I knew I was burning oil and losing it while I dumped my 3 cans which are small but almost 3 quarts is ridiculous. Glad nothing went south on me for this negligence.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I doubt running at 4 qt's hurt anything, I would think the oil pickup would pick up if you only had 2 qt's in it, but of course that is not advisable!!!

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Lost 3 quarts in 1500 miles? Ummmm...

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts

The better part of one quart was in the filter............ :5:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Must be getting high crankcase pressures from leaks around rings. Wonder if venting to atmosphere would help vs. the PCV system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts