Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
i agree in a wet climate, not a dry one though, thats why I gave it six months just to be safe in my explanation. rock on and I hope the starter of this thread gets the info and it puts his mind at ease.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
AHH!! CRAP!:brickwall: .. SORRY FOLKS! :ugh2: i knew i was just bugging out about things on my car.. ya'see this is my very first brand Spanking NEW car.just a little tiny tiny tinty binty bit worried about my baby.. im sure you understand:stickpoke:right?

anyhow THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS and Thanks for the insight you people know your stuff,and im glad im a member to this fourm.. :bigthumb:

and sorry for sounding so concerned.. and if i can be of any help,i'll be sure to

Thanks!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Problems

#1. no such problem here.
#2. Ditto. no prob.
#3. Ditto. no prob
#4. No prob
#5 and #6. no prob.
#7. Rotor rust is normal.

Steve..
Ok.. heres a few things that i NEED you folks out there to check out for me please!! and let me know if im the only one with these problems!!!..

1.Brakes squeak when coming to a stop but at the very last foot of the stop (real embarrassing for such a NEW and SEXY car)

2.When i hit a pot hole or speed bump,i hear the shocks,or struts SQUEAK too!! kinda sounds like those station wagons back in the days! i mean its not THAT loud.. but i Sure hear it even with my windows closed

3.If my windows are closed and i press the window button again to make sure that they are closed,the dash lights dim!! and i hear a sound somthing like a tiny beep when that happends

4.Now i know i started a thread on this already BUT my exhaust Thumps! while the car is running!.dealer said it MIGHT be expanstion but "he's not sure".

5.Turn your stearing wheel ALLL the way to the Right and see if you hear a sound that sounds kinda like a Knock and squeak,i really cant describe the sound but its,some weird a$$ sound!!!.. THEN do it ALL the way to the Left!, and tell me what you hear!!..im sure i cant be the only one with these "problems!"..otherwise.. ...well otherwise im going to the dealership with a .45 and a shovel!!..:grim: becasue i paid WAY to much frickin money for a car thats making all these fricking sounds! its a sports car for PhuGK sake!! it should sound and BE soild!! and..YEA I KNOW ITS AMERICAN! but..what gives!!??

6.Also i notcied TWICE that,when i was doing a turn going about 15mph and wanted to punch it out of the turn that the car felt like it shut off for a brief second, there was a exterm drop in power (as in accel,not energy) as if the car did not allow me to do such thing.. is this some kind of feature that the car has for safety?? i dont have a clue.. do you?..

7.i see a little RUST on the rotors on towards the outter parts around the rotors and also a spot underneath the car were the exhaust connects and meets towards the center of the car.. i told the service guy when i took my car in for an oil change and he said that it was no big deal and that it wouldnt spread...:SM127: i dont know what to think any more really.

im just really concerned it cost alot of money for this car,i mean we are in a recession!.. its not like money is growning on trees! like it use to

SO PLEASE FOLKS.. ANY INFO WILL HELP ALL OF US IN TURN AND THE PEOPLE IN THE FUTURE NOT JUST ME..CHECK YOUR CAR AND TELL ME WHATS GOING ON!
AM I REALLY THE ONLY ONE GOING THROUGH THIS? ARE THESE REALLY BIG PROBLEMS? OR AM I JUST BEING A BIG CRY BABY AND WORRING WAY TO MUCH??

·
Registered
80 Posts
The only thing I have had problems with is the key fob. I ALWAYS have to hit the trunk release four times to open it. The remote start only works about half the time.
As for the dead spot...I felt that. Turning off the esp did away with it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
#6 just happened to me i would really like to know you. but nothing else

·
Registered
234 Posts
The only 2 problems I have is it downshifts hard and when I do not use the car for a day or 2, I get a shimmy in the wheels and then after 10 to 15 miles it goes away. I would bring it back to your dealer
Most tires cause this when sitting for extended periods, 10 to 15 = warmed and round.
M

·
Registered
234 Posts
Issues issues... I strongly advise no one to walk around the cars O.D. when up on a lift. The shoddy body finish at the doors will make you want to throw up, Dodge is really missing the boat with Q.C. I tried many cars before this purchase and wanted the feel of this car. Now at 1800 miles and knowing the complete package, I would have probably saved around 4000.00 bucks and bought German. Adjusting the tips at the back I noticed the drain plug for trunk forward cocked, the hole was so badly mangled they couldnt get the plug in it so they put a large piece of aluminum/rubber patch material over the thing. Fit and finish is a MAJOR dissapointment...
WOW!!!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Issues issues... I strongly advise no one to walk around the cars O.D. when up on a lift. The shoddy body finish at the doors will make you want to throw up, Dodge is really missing the boat with Q.C. I tried many cars before this purchase and wanted the feel of this car. Now at 1800 miles and knowing the complete package, I would have probably saved around 4000.00 bucks and bought German. Adjusting the tips at the back I noticed the drain plug for trunk forward cocked, the hole was so badly mangled they couldnt get the plug in it so they put a large piece of aluminum/rubber patch material over the thing. Fit and finish is a MAJOR dissapointment...
WOW!!!!
What?

I have owned German cars, and I find the fit, finish and workmanship on my Challenger every bit as good.

Do you have some photos of the specifics you are talking about -- I'd love to see if mine is the same.

·
Registered
956 Posts
WOW!!!!
Whine. Caveat Emptor. I'd go buy a German car.

I was out hanging on the wheel hard left at the stopper, and kept my finger on the power window button after it was all the way up to see if the lights flickered. Otherwise all is OK.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Whine. Caveat Emptor. I'd go buy a German car.

I was out hanging on the wheel hard left at the stopper, and kept my finger on the power window button after it was all the way up to see if the lights flickered. Otherwise all is OK.
Prolly right Denny... next car Ill get up on a lift and do a "solid" pre purchase inspection. Its not like the big 3 have been folding over door skins at the bottom for more than a couple of months now LOL
Ill have some pics soon.
M

21 - 40 of 72 Posts