Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
my car died on me twice so far. for some reason i reved it and it just dies on me and its a auto. i do here some niose when i turn the wheel, and when m y eco comes on my car bogs real bad even when i taking off for a light. im gonna take it to doge sometime this week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do not use auto start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am on my second Challenger, The first one was an orange RT and I used the auto start and opened the door and the car died. That trigered an error message that they can not fix. When they tried to relpace the unit and the PCM They made it worse. Now I have a Black SRT and have the same Problem. We figued out what was causing the problem because the same thing happened , I used the auto start and opened up the hood and again the car died. I also had a problem the other day I was on the highway for an hour and when I got off I was at the light the car died . I am at the point that I am ready to buy a porsche and the heck with this car!!!!!!! :grim:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok.. heres a few things that i NEED you folks out there to check out for me please!! and let me know if im the only one with these problems!!!..

1.Brakes squeak when coming to a stop but at the very last foot of the stop (real embarrassing for such a NEW and SEXY car)

2.When i hit a pot hole or speed bump,i hear the shocks,or struts SQUEAK too!! kinda sounds like those station wagons back in the days! i mean its not THAT loud.. but i Sure hear it even with my windows closed

3.If my windows are closed and i press the window button again to make sure that they are closed,the dash lights dim!! and i hear a sound somthing like a tiny beep when that happends

4.Now i know i started a thread on this already BUT my exhaust Thumps! while the car is running!.dealer said it MIGHT be expanstion but "he's not sure".

5.Turn your stearing wheel ALLL the way to the Right and see if you hear a sound that sounds kinda like a Knock and squeak,i really cant describe the sound but its,some weird a$$ sound!!!.. THEN do it ALL the way to the Left!, and tell me what you hear!!..im sure i cant be the only one with these "problems!"..otherwise.. ...well otherwise im going to the dealership with a .45 and a shovel!!..:grim: becasue i paid WAY to much frickin money for a car thats making all these fricking sounds! its a sports car for PhuGK sake!! it should sound and BE soild!! and..YEA I KNOW ITS AMERICAN! but..what gives!!??

6.Also i notcied TWICE that,when i was doing a turn going about 15mph and wanted to punch it out of the turn that the car felt like it shut off for a brief second, there was a exterm drop in power (as in accel,not energy) as if the car did not allow me to do such thing.. is this some kind of feature that the car has for safety?? i dont have a clue.. do you?..

7.i see a little RUST on the rotors on towards the outter parts around the rotors and also a spot underneath the car were the exhaust connects and meets towards the center of the car.. i told the service guy when i took my car in for an oil change and he said that it was no big deal and that it wouldnt spread...:SM127: i dont know what to think any more really.

im just really concerned it cost alot of money for this car,i mean we are in a recession!.. its not like money is growning on trees! like it use to

SO PLEASE FOLKS.. ANY INFO WILL HELP ALL OF US IN TURN AND THE PEOPLE IN THE FUTURE NOT JUST ME..CHECK YOUR CAR AND TELL ME WHATS GOING ON!
AM I REALLY THE ONLY ONE GOING THROUGH THIS? ARE THESE REALLY BIG PROBLEMS? OR AM I JUST BEING A BIG CRY BABY AND WORRING WAY TO MUCH??
IM ONLY EXPERIENCING #2 BUT I THINK WITH MINE ITS THE WHEEL WELL LINER IN THE LEFT REAR THATS AS THIN AS PAPER THATS MAKING THE NOICE IM GOING TO TRY TO TIGHTEN UP THE FASTENERS TO SEE IF THAT SOLVES THAT ONE.........AND NUMBER MAY BE YOUR TRACTION/STABILITY COMPUTER NANNY KICKING IN ON AUTOS IT CANT BE FULLY TURNED OFF BUT HIT THE TRACTION BUTTON ON DASHBOARD AND IT REDUCES IT FROM KICKING IN AS EARLY...........

·
Registered
91 Posts
Somebody Jacked Up Your Rig..

Sometime during those "500 Miles". :grim:

Sounds like some jackass ran it HARRRRRD during what should have been normal stop and go driving (below 60 mph) during those 500 miles. :(

Since the dealer is closedm your stuck except for warranty repairs which any dealer should do. Sorry about that...:disappointed:

·
Registered
373 Posts
#6: it's your traction control pulling the power back. Normal. Either don't punch it in a tight turn or turn it off. If you nail it off the line with it on and it senses wheel spin, it will feel like it dies, then comes back to life.

#7: Normal. every time they get wet, or you wash it they will show rust. First time you hit the brakes it will be gone. No harm to the rotor at all.

The other stuff? Mine has none of those, but has had a couple of other hiccups that the dealer took care of. Have 13,000 miles so far and still love it.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
First thing I would say is not to post a comment that you are going to a dealer with a 45 and a shovel. Not sure if you understand the reprocussions of such a public threat in these times. Next I would say 2 and 5 are related to each other. Had the same thing in my concord it was bad strut mount. Number 6 could be that you hit the limiter and it went to a limp mode. I did it a couple times but only when I was being real hard on it hitting the red line.
Rust on rotors is real normal due to the heat cycle's and no matter what brand you use it will happen. As far as seeing rust on one spot on the underside, buy a can of rust check spray and soke the spot you will not have a problem after.
Oh and in case I didn't mention it don't be publicly advertising you willingness to use a 45 on anything.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am happy to say no issues with mine and it has 3500 miles.

·
Registered
956 Posts
#3 and #5. I still need to go out and jam the up-button for the windows till the lights dim, then hold the wheel hard right til the power steering howls.
Uhyyyyyyy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok.. heres a few things that i NEED you folks out there to check out for me please!! and let me know if im the only one with these problems!!!..

1.Brakes squeak when coming to a stop but at the very last foot of the stop (real embarrassing for such a NEW and SEXY car)
I grab out this old post.
My new 2019 Challenger RT Scatpack with 6 pistons break sqeal if the brakes are warm and it is a sunny day.
So heat and use will make them squeal.

Any suggestions for this ? It is not a big problem and I am still in warranty but would be great to get rid of that noise without the dealer.
I have now 2700 kilometers / 1600 miles.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
453 Posts
My new 2019 Challenger RT Scatpack with 6 pistons break sqeal if the brakes are warm and it is a sunny day.

Any suggestions for this ? It is not a big problem and I am still in warranty but would be great to get rid of that noise without the dealer.
It could just be the result of moisture and dirt that collects on the rotors, including from condensation caused by high humidity. I always clean my brakes after a wash and have used this for years.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,803 Posts

What I have done on several of my past vehicles. Rotate the pads from one side to the other, free, quick, easy.
Be careful for the first few stops until the bed/wear in to match the new rotor's surface.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts