Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local dealer who has a Tor-red 17 Hellcat today. May move up to a Hellcat, but...do all Hellcats have chrome door handles (inner) and chrome trim around the vents? I like my 392's brushed better. Also, Tor-red seemed to give a weird pinkish vibe in sunlight. It had the black hood which I don't like but damn, that motor!

·
Premium Member
9,372 Posts
They may be nice cars but not so great to buy up from where you are. Now all the talk is about the Demon, used to be all about the Hellcat. I’ve beaten hellcats at car shows as they aren’t all that anymore.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
They may be nice cars but not so great to buy up from where you are. Now all the talk is about the Demon, used to be all about the Hellcat. I’ve beaten hellcats at car shows as they aren’t all that anymore.

Sorry but a car show don't mean shit in reference to how a Hellcat really is as it relates to the car world especially a car show that has a place for late models...... :lol: And yes before you get all defensive I have a trophy for winning my class in car show with 150 cars in it...

Hence is why I know. ;) :bigthumb:

Hellcat is still a monster.....Won't even be enough Demons to make a difference.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
I went to my local dealer who has a Tor-red 17 Hellcat today. May move up to a Hellcat, but...do all Hellcats have chrome door handles (inner) and chrome trim around the vents? I like my 392's brushed better. Also, Tor-red seemed to give a weird pinkish vibe in sunlight. It had the black hood which I don't like but damn, that motor!
Did ya check the cost of insurance?

·
Premium Member
9,372 Posts
Sorry but a car show don't mean shit in reference to how a Hellcat really is as it relates to the car world especially a car show that has a place for late models...... :lol: And yes before you get all defensive I have a trophy for winning my class in car show with 150 cars in it...

Hence is why I know. ;) :bigthumb:

Hellcat is still a monster.....Won't even be enough Demons to make a difference.
Why would I get defensive? Just pointing out where the hellcats got the trophies in a modern class when they came out, they aren’t so special anymore. The SRT has more than enough power that most can’t be used so anything above it other than bragging rights is useless.
The demon based on its engine is way cool but those ugly ugly ugly, did I say ugly and hideous bolt on crap looking fenders ruin it. Those aren’t wide body they are slapped and bolted afterthought flares. If it was a real wide body it would look far better. Now I see they are offering those ridiculous looking things on hellcats AND they make you pay big money for them.
We’ll be thankful I sugar coated it lol, remember PT Barnum said there’s a sucker born every minute.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
The demon based on its engine is way cool but those ugly ugly ugly, did I say ugly and hideous bolt on crap looking fenders ruin it. Those aren’t wide body they are slapped and bolted afterthought flares. If it was a real wide body it would look far better. Now I see they are offering those ridiculous looking things on hellcats AND they make you pay big money for them.
We’ll be thankful I sugar coated it lol, remember PT Barnum said there’s a sucker born every minute.
Well with the widebody, they "slapped" on 305's all around making it a much better performing car..Bolt on crap?..Look at any custom made widebody (Liberty) and you'll see "bolt on's"..As far as I'm concerned, the Dodge widebody looks great..Granted, the Dodge fit and finish is shaky to say the least, but for a 6k widebody option, its a nice looking package..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Why would I get defensive? Just pointing out where the hellcats got the trophies in a modern class when they came out, they aren’t so special anymore. The SRT has more than enough power that most can’t be used so anything above it other than bragging rights is useless.

The hellcat is just as good as it ever was and is a bad assed car....and all that drivel up there^^^ is what I meant by defensive....:lol:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Well with the widebody, they "slapped" on 305's all around making it a much better performing car..Bolt on crap?..Look at any custom made widebody (Liberty) and you'll see "bolt on's"..As far as I'm concerned, the Dodge widebody looks great..Granted, the Dodge fit and finish is shaky to say the least, but for a 6k widebody option, its a nice looking package..

Exactly! now you can get a better performing regular shitty over the hill hellcat if you want it.:4:

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
I wish the Wide Body came with Brass Monkey wheels, I think that color looks GREAT with the Octane Red. Maybe it's a good idea they don't, or I'd be tempted to start looking into buying one!

·
Registered
599 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
I have to agree, those Wide Body kits on the Cat's look like crap.
I own a 2016 Cat.
The Wide Body flares look like a last minute add on, there is no flow in the fender/flare.
I think it needs to look like one piece, not two stuck together.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Man, these Hellcat deals are getting really good now...

I think the widebody looks fantastic, nice evolution on a style that's been out for a while now. That's probably helping drive down the price of the standard models as everyone wants the newest thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts