Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, so excuse me if I do something wrong. Anyways, I was looking and listening to the Cherry Bomb extreme mufflers and they sound awesome for the price, but I also heard the great things about the Solo performance of how aggressive and how there's no drone. I'm a bit conflicted between the two as they both sound great and the Cherry Bomb is much cheaper, but looking forward in the future I'm not sure how long they (Cherry Bomb) would last compared to the Solo Performances. What are your guys' thoughts? Which one should I get or any other recommendations? Thanks a ton!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
I honestly have never seen a post from anyone with the Cherry Bomb exhaust. I searched a bit, and people like the sound. But, yes, they do drone. They are aluminized steel, the Solo muffler and exhaust tips are made from T304 stainless steel and the mandrel bent pipes are made from T409 stainless. I can only speak for the Solo, and you would not be disappointed. A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly have never seen a post from anyone with the Cherry Bomb exhaust. I searched a bit, and people like the sound. But, yes, they do drone. They are aluminized steel, the Solo muffler and exhaust tips are made from T304 stainless steel and the mandrel bent pipes are made from T409 stainless. I can only speak for the Solo, and you would not be disappointed. A Guy
got it. i think when I get my challenger I'm going to get the Solos. Even though they're more expensive, I think it'll be a smarter decision in the long run.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,714 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Another vote here for the Solo! :smile:

The exhaust sounds Incredible and Steve's Customer Service is some of the best that I've experienced.

We have the Solo Street/Track one on Ruby (2015 SRT 392) and not only does she sound like a Ticked off Beast, there is actually less drone than stock. The problem with te factory exhaust for me, was when it went into MDS (dropped cylinders for fuel economy), that the drone picked up a bit. It doesn't do that withe the Solo.

It's more than likely because of the adjustable J-pipes that are standard on the Solo exhaust. They do work as advertised.

It costs more than a Cheery Bomb does, but being that it's priced less than pretty much any other comparable cat back, it's a pretty good deal (especially when shipping is included in the price and it's still lower).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts