Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just bought a Cherry Bomb Vortex Cat Back kit for my 2010 R/T (Part No. CB-300710). I'm new to exhaust performance. Can anyone tell me if I will need to buy any other pipes or resonators for this kit? I want the R/T to have a nice sound but I don't want any tickets for violating local noise ordinances either.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to get a nice sound out of this kit and avoid getting any ticket?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No updates. I have the kit but have not installed it yet. I'm still trying to find out if there is a way to dampen the noise later on if the kit turns out to be too loud. But I have had no luck finding that answer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Vortex

I watched the 48 hour camaro build the other day and that was the exhaust they used and it was an LS3 motor and it was loud. During the test run one of the builders said he can here the car about a mile away. I've had a few muscle cars and the initial sound of a new system is exciting, and after some time it can be annoying. Try to go to the local hangout and listen to some live systems to get an idea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I put mine on a few weeks back. Love it. Not too loud unless u get on it then it just right. I bought the srt kit with 3 inch pipe as I plan on doing headers and high flow cats next. actually I think they are closer to 2.75 not 3"

·
Registered
37 Posts
well in any case if its too loud you could always put glasspack where the resonator used to be. i am very close to purchasing this kit as well. Question to Randlnelson, do you get "drone" noise with yours? thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I do not get any drone with mine. I bought the srt kit along with headers and high flow cats. Absolutely love the tone i get and no drone.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Awsome!! I am 85% sold on getting these! thanks. and your srt kit fit without any problems? planning to install it my self. and one more, how would you compare it to flowmaster.. lets say super 44s? thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I cant say on either. I have a friend at midas who did mine after hours for a couple bucks and a case of beer. I do remember him bitching about the headers but not the exhaust. The flomasters in my opinion were a little tingy whereas these have :icon_flaming:a deeper tone.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Remember, the srt kit is a supposed 3 inch where the factory cats are a 2 1/2 exit. It will fit but gonna have to be welded i would think on a stock mid pipe.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have the Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers on my 3.6 and love it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts