Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's pretty hard to make the Dodge Challenger even more eye-catching, but a new color, dubbed "Green With Envy", should help it attract the attention of bystanders and the ire of other motorists.

Available on the R/T Classic (white black or white stripes) or the SRT8 392 (black stripes only), the new getup is supposed to recall the glory days of Mopar muscle, when V8 bruisers were available in every hue of the Hi-Liter rainbow. For our money, it's hard to beat the all-American white/blue stripes combo, but someone suffering from a bad mid-life crisis is bound to go for the green.

More: Chicago 2011: Dodge Challenger Debuts New Hue, Green With Envy on AutoGuide.com

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Man, I haven't seen this lime green color since the mid 70's. The good thing about having a car painted in this color if you forget where you parked or a brief stint of Alzheimer's kicks in, you can still easily find your car. Not my personal favorite shade of green but a car this color defiantly will get a fair bit of attention wherever it goes.
The only real question here is can you handle that?
:scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
:thumbsup:Anyone know when the ordering opens up for the GWE RT's? I love the color and the new rims. Hmm...anyone want to buy a loaded DY RT with less than 2K miles? Or do I wait for the ragtop...decisions decisions...

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think that the new green is fantastic. I wish that Dodge came out with this color on the SE model and for the 2010 model at that. Definitely not a color you see everyday. Although, I still think that the green on the ACR Viper is a bit more sharp.

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger Hellcat
961 Posts
I want one so bad. Almost makes me want to trade my HOP.....almost.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Definitely not a color you see everyday.
Like the FF, once you have your eyes trained for that color, it will pop up in older cars. I was behind a 10 year old tuner, probably a 4 DR Nissan or something like that, that was repainted with this color. I remember seeing 15 year old Chevys and Neons with the FF color driving around. These colors are out there. But no matter how hard they try, they will never look as good as a Challenger. :)

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
GWE x2 days...

I have had my 2011 Green with Envy SRT8 for just 2 days now, but I will tell you that I love everything about it. Mid-life crisis or not, this car is everything my 2010 BrilliantBlack SRT8 was and more! I have 2 people stop and ask to take pictures of it, one guy said he has been a Corvette owner for years, but may change over to Dodge since he saw this car!

I bought my car aT Oliver C. Joseph Dodge in Belleville, IL and it was the SECOND GWE SRT8 they sold that day! Mine has the autostick, and the other one is manual. They are both great cars. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts