Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After having released revamped versions of all its models for 2011, Dodge has announced a strong followup today at the Chicago Auto Show, debuting a total of five R/T performance models. Among the list are expected vehicles like the Charger and Challenger, while less conventional R/T vehicles include the Journey, Durango and yes, even the Grand Caravan.

The Durango R/T gets a unique exterior treatment, while performance comes from the company's 360-hp 5.7-liter HEMI V8. But it's not just about horsepower, and the Durango R/T gets tighter steering, a tuned exhaust system, 20-inch wheels and a modified suspension with load-leveling rear shocks and a 20mm lower ride height. A custom interior is also a part of the package and pricing starts at $35,465.

As for the Grand Caravan R/T it relies on the standard 283-hp V6 engine, but gains a modified exterior with paint-matched body moldings and grille, plus 17-inch wheels, a rear spoiler and a 12mm lower ride height. Black leather seats with red stitching carry the 'Man Van' theme to the inside, while a 9-speaker 506-watt audio system can seriously damage your child's ears. Pricing will start at $30,595.

Like the Grand Caravan, the Journey R/T keeps the standard V6 engine, with similar exterior treatments and interior, plus 19-inch wheels with a "satin carbon finish." Pricing starts at $28,995 for front-drive models and $30,695 for AWD.

Challenger R/T and Charger R/T models put a higher focus on performance and both get the 360-hp V8 delivering a sub-6.0 second 0-60 mph time, with pricing starting at $29,670 and $30,170 respectively.

More: Chicago 2011: Dodge Unveils Five New R/T Models Including Durango and Grand Caravan on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
...As for the Grand Caravan R/T it relies on the standard 283-hp V6 engine, but gains a modified exterior with paint-matched body moldings and grille, plus 17-inch wheels, a rear spoiler ...
Wow! A mini-van with a V6 and a spoiler and that makes it an R/T. Way to go Dodge... way to ruin the meaning of "R/T"... pure marketing genius. Can't wait for the re-birth of the Sebring 4 cylinder "SRT" version with paint matched molding, rear spoiler, and a 9" sewer tube exhaust.

Excuse me while I go throw up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The more "bread and butter" cars they sell, the better the chances of them investing in 2 door coupes.

I hope they sell a million R/T Minivans....

·
Registered
611 Posts
Wow! A mini-van with a V6 and a spoiler and that makes it an R/T. Way to go Dodge... way to ruin the meaning of "R/T"... pure marketing genius. Can't wait for the re-birth of the Sebring 4 cylinder "SRT" version with paint matched molding, rear spoiler, and a 9" sewer tube exhaust.

Very well put!! ...:clap: My R/T just depreciated in value ......everybody'll be jumpin to get a new Caravan now!!

·
Registered
301 Posts

If they would have put the warhawk 4-cylinder turbo in the sebring and avenger (tuned it up to the original 300hp), they would have had a winner.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Just got a letter in the mail from my dealer....they say they'll consider my Challenger to be in "Excellent" condition, and give me a whole $21,000 bucks for my car if I should decide to go with the new more economical Grand Caravan!!

Man, I'm all over this!! I only paid 34K for the car and it has a whole 4200 miles on it...what a deal!! :fight:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts