Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see how many people from Chicago are on here, any Challenger hangouts or meets I should know about. Let me know :bigthumb:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Chicago Western Suburbs - Batavia

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Chicago Western Suburbs - Batavia
Lived in Chicago and burbs all my life until we retired and moved to Utah 10 years ago. Lived in Bartlett....not at all far from you.

·
Banned
407 Posts
Lived in Chicago and burbs all my life until we retired and moved to Utah 10 years ago. Lived in Bartlett....not at all far from you.
Grew up in Schaumburg, lived in Chicago while in college, then moved to Roselle last March. Near Lake and Gary.

also, Roselle has a car show every Friday...they're about to get their first (Gen III) Challenger this spring:redcap:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Grew up in Schaumburg, lived in Chicago while in college, then moved to Roselle last March. Near Lake and Gary.

also, Roselle has a car show every Friday...they're about to get their first (Gen III) Challenger this spring:redcap:
Know just where that is...go a little further south and you're at Stratford Mall. I remember when they opened that mall. We lived just north of Army Trail Rd and west of County Farm Rd on Fairfax Rd. We'll be making a trip back home later this year and will try to make the car show in Roselle. I'll look for you. Also, theres a great beef place (actually better than Portillos) called Augustinos. They're in Carol Stream on St Charles Rd and (I think) Main St. They used to have a car show in the big parking lot adjacent to them once or twice a month. Might want to check that one out also. Good luck with the shows!!!

·
Banned
407 Posts
Know just where that is...go a little further south and you're at Stratford Mall. I remember when they opened that mall. We lived just north of Army Trail Rd and west of County Farm Rd on Fairfax Rd. We'll be making a trip back home later this year and will try to make the car show in Roselle. I'll look for you. Also, theres a great beef place (actually better than Portillos) called Augustinos. They're in Carol Stream on St Charles Rd and (I think) Main St. They used to have a car show in the big parking lot adjacent to them once or twice a month. Might want to check that one out also. Good luck with the shows!!!
Yeah let me know when you're out here, make sure I don't miss that week's show.

and WHOA!! better than Portillos? So far Al's is the only one to rival them in my book...Al's for the dip, Portillos if not. Must check out this Augutinos, thanks for the heads up!

-Brian

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah let me know when you're out here, make sure I don't miss that week's show.

and WHOA!! better than Portillos? So far Al's is the only one to rival them in my book...Al's for the dip, Portillos if not. Must check out this Augutinos, thanks for the heads up!

-Brian
Oh BELIEVE me....if you like Portillos....you'll love Augustinos. They are by far THE BEST. They are what Portillos used to be in the 70s. They really load on the beef where Portillos seems to skimp on the beef now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Small world! I live in West Chicago right off 59 and 64! I know quite a few people from Bartlett and know exactly all the places you guys are naming off. Augustinos opened a new location right by my house on 59 and 64 and they have a car show every tuesday night I think. Sometimes it can be quite a turnout, sometimes its so so. As far as the best beef, you guys have to try out Johnnies beef. There is one in Elmwood Park on North Ave. and another in Arlingtin Heights I think. They put Al's and Portillos to shame...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Small world! I live in West Chicago right off 59 and 64! I know quite a few people from Bartlett and know exactly all the places you guys are naming off. Augustinos opened a new location right by my house on 59 and 64 and they have a car show every tuesday night I think. Sometimes it can be quite a turnout, sometimes its so so. As far as the best beef, you guys have to try out Johnnies beef. There is one in Elmwood Park on North Ave. and another in Arlingtin Heights I think. They put Al's and Portillos to shame...
I do know about Augustinos other location at 59 and 64 but I've never been there. Guess I like their original location in Carol Stream too much. Never been to Johnnies beef, but I've heard of it. Little bit out of the way when I lived in Bartlett. Do you go to Augustinos for the car shows and food? Man....I sure miss the food in the Chicago area. There's nothing here in St George, Utah as far as food goes. But at least we don't have the Chicago winters.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hoffman Estates checking in.

Scott

·
Registered
11 Posts
In Elburn and can't get enuf time behind the wheel(2011 RT). As far as beef Flip's on Rt38 in Glen Ellyn is very good also.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
In Elburn and can't get enuf time behind the wheel(2011 RT). As far as beef Flip's on Rt38 in Glen Ellyn is very good also.
Gotta be near Giordanos...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Northbrook checking in

·
Registered
57 Posts
McHenry does a decent cruise night on Mondays in middle of town (30/120)

There are a few modern cars that show....

Bolingbrook does Wed night in center of the mall.. Pretty good turn out..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bartlett here! What a small world...

Funny hearing you guys talk about beef rivalries, haha, and about that Augustinos on 64 just west of 59 by the menards there, great food! I maybe saw one of yalls cars coming home one day, Brilliant Black R/T Hood to Fender Stripes turning left onto Smith road from 59 last weekend. :bigthumb:

I live just a little north at Army Trail & 59, near that jumbo Indian temple they built 8 or so years ago. Still trying to figure out which Chally to buy though, so not in the club just yet! :browsmiley:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Another South Sider here...

·
Registered
330 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts