Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Chicagoland Meet April 30th 2016

7K views 50 replies 23 participants last post by  MarchAFB 
#1 ·
Hey all you Chicagoland Challenger owners and CAMM members, since we have a lot of interest in continuing the Meet N Greet this year, I think it’s time to put it together again! Since the show season is filling up quick I’d like to see if we can put together a “Meet n Greet” for Saturday April 30th 2016, at 1:00 PM in the parking lot of the Portillo’s in Downers Grove. This is near the I88 and I355 interchange (same location as usual).

The Portillo’s\Starbucks parking lot has plenty of room and we had a great turnout last year. It was a lot of fun talking cars and mods and meeting new people as well as putting faces to screen names. Let’s see if we can top the number of cars we had last year!

I know it may still be a little cold out, but bring a jacket.

Pass this along to any other Challenger owners you know that might be interested that may have missed this thread. At let us know if you are planning on attending by replying to this thread

Portillo’s - 1500 Butterfield Rd, Downers Grove IL 60515

Sorry same map as previous years as they have not updated the satellite image yet. For those of you that did not make last year, there is now a Starbucks in the corner of the parking lot.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/portillo's+near+Downers+Grove,+IL/@41.8334574,-88.0315665,15.5z

https://www.google.com/maps/search/portillo's+near+Downers+Grove,+IL/@41.8334574,-88.0315665,15.5z

See less See more
#26 ·
That's why I can't make it that day (just kidding......sort of :grin2:)!

It looks like a good time, but Unfortunately, I have prior engagements and can't make it! I hope that the weather cooperates and it turns out to be a Great time had by all!

Thanks for organizing this! I wish that I could go! :cheers:

#7 ·
I'll be there. :grin2:

#12 ·
Just wanted to bump this as we are getting closer. We are up to 18 so far and would love to see more.

#14 ·
Just wanted to bump this as we are getting closer - We are up to 23 plus CAMM members.

#15 ·
Sounds good, I am going to try and get there.

#16 ·
Scratch that... I just realized it was at 1:00, I work until 4, won't get there until sometime after 5:00. Do you think you will still be there?

#18 ·
Unfortunately, probably not. Usually people hang out for about 2 to 3 hours depending on the weather. Bummer.

Darn wish I could be there however I work until 7pm..
If anything changes with your schedule, keep us in mind.

Reactions: vdoggie
#19 ·
Hey March, unfortunately it still looks like 70% chance of rain for Saturday, do you think we should set a rain date?
I know it's still a little early but the forecast has been holding pretty steady.
To bad it wasn't last weekend. This sucks.
I think a lot of guys want this so setting a rain date would be a good idea.
You do what you gotta do..
(OO [::::::::::::::::SRT:::] OO)

#20 ·
I know, I have been watching it. I agree, too bad it wasn't this past weekend. This always seems to happen (had to move it last year too). We will keep an eye on it and hopefully the forecast will change.......if not, I'm open to some more dates.....although we are now getting into show season for some people........

#22 ·
I put in on my calendar. I'd like to meet you guys.

#23 ·
if the weather holds up, I'll be there.

#24 ·
Weather cooperating, I will be there as well.

#28 · (Edited)
************************* Murphy strikes again - the forecast is for rain **********************************
************************* New date Saturday May 21st 2016 **********************************
************************* Same Time (1:00 PM) Same Location **********************************

Same thing happened last year and we had to change it - apologies.....

#29 ·
So selfishly I'm glad it's going to rain as I really wanted to go to this. I'm back from my business travels by May 13th so hopefully I can make the rain date. The 1 year I made this event with DJSdude I ended up going out and buying a SRT8 (had a Z06 at the time). Then since that time I haven't made it with my own car so I'd love to be back to bring her out to this.

I'll keep watching for the new date....

#30 ·
Date Updated - see post above....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.