Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning a garbage truck was dropping trash on the highway. I ended up hitting a trash bag that sounded like it was filled with bricks. I haven't checked the under body yet but the chin spoiler took a hit. There's slight discoloration like a bruise or if you bend plastic. Any remedie to fix this? Ill post a pic soon as I'm at work

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
On my way to work this morning a garbage truck was dropping trash on the highway. I ended up hitting a trash bag that sounded like it was filled with bricks. I haven't checked the under body yet but the chin spoiler took a hit. There's slight discoloration like a bruise or if you bend plastic. Any remedie to fix this? Ill post a pic soon as I'm at work
Unfortunately, that discoloration won't go away - unless you try and apply something to paint the spoiler, it will be visible.

Mine got damaged when my car was shipped (moved cross country) and had the damaged / bent up edge and it was lighter gray in color.

Between the part and install labor, ran just under $400 to do the job (at dealer).

·
Registered
515 Posts
The cost of the spoiler isn't bad, 5.7 one is like 80 bucks I assume the bigger one for 6.4s will be a bit more. But as Hal said, the labor is what will get you. The bumper cover has to come off to put it on, its a project for sure.

I had a body shop try to fix mine even though insurance had paid for a new one. It looked a little better but you could still tell. They claimed ignorance but its pretty clear what they tried to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scratches and paint chips drive me nuts so I doubt I'll be able to keep it discolored without making myself angry at the sight of it. I have a scat pack btw

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here's a video showing what's involved in removing the front clip to remove a spoiler on a 2015+ model...not really that difficult to do, but there's a ton of fasteners to take off and keep track of.

Defender Series Comp Splitter - Full Install - BJ's Garage 570

--------------------------------------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts