Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, so my challenger has less than 4k miles on it and it started making a chirping noise. It is coming from fan belt area, I tried the old spray water on belt to see if it will stop. No luck, keeps chirping, it's annoying. Please help with some feedback.

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Maybe the belt idler or tension pulley?

Reactions: MONDSTA CHALLENGER

·
Registered
501 Posts
A couple of questions to hopefully help.
Does the belt squeal constantly or chirp with a regular or irregular frequency?
Does it get worse when you turn the steering wheel all the way to one side or the other while holding it at max steer?
Lastly is it at idle or all the time?

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
Did you ever find out what the problem was? I have a 2013 Mopar Addition and I am having the same issue. I tried taking it to the dealership but every time I make it there the sound stops of course. Any luck?
Hi Jodie Weeks,

What type of engine do you have? It sounds as if your issue is intermittent, is that correct? Like the original poster, does it sound as if it's coming from the fan belt area? It can be really tough to diagnose an intermittent issue on the spot, so how long has the dealer kept your car for?

·
Registered
1 Posts
A couple of questions to hopefully help.
Does the belt squeal constantly or chirp with a regular or irregular frequency?
Does it get worse when you turn the steering wheel all the way to one side or the other while holding it at max steer?
Lastly is it at idle or all the time?
I am having the same problem. The sound doesnt start untill after the engine has warmed up. It chirps and squeals, almost has a siren quality to it. It does it while in gear and driving, as well as idiling in park. Doesnt do it all the time. I went for about two months without hearing it, and then it started up again. Please help me figure out what this is! Very annoying!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts