Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when going 90% on the throttle almost WOT but not full and just before shifting I hear this strange chripping or rattling noise coming from front driver side. This is happening on 2013 RT A5 with 6k on the odo.

I hear the noise louder when the window is down.

Any help on what it could be is appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
If I had to guess without hearing the noise I would say it is the belt chirping as the engine slows down during the shift. It may be caused by the AC compressor being engaged. make shure you you dont have the AC or Defrost selected. If it doesnt do it with the Ac off or at WOT then thats your culprit. Note the AC compressor disengages at WOT

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I had to guess without hearing the noise I would say it is the belt chirping as the engine slows down during the shift. It may be caused by the AC compressor being engaged. make shure you you dont have the AC or Defrost selected. If it doesnt do it with the Ac off or at WOT then thats your culprit. Note the AC compressor disengages at WOT
It still does it whether ac on or off

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I still suspect it is belt noise, these types of concerns are more prevelant in the colder temps. The belt chrips when the engine load and speed change suddenly during the shift. Not really a big deal, if it bothers you you could try a Dayco No Slack belt tensioner. Good luck!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still suspect it is belt noise, these types of concerns are more prevelant in the colder temps. The belt chrips when the engine load and speed change suddenly during the shift. Not really a big deal, if it bothers you you could try a Daco No Slack belt tensioner. Good luck!
I'll definitely look into this

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I still can't figure the cause of the noise!!! Checked all belts and sprayed them and it still makes it. On full throttle it doesn't make that noise when shifting, only on partial throttle 80-90% full. Today i tried to listen to the noise closely and its not chriping its more like rattling if I want to be persice in descriping it is like "krrrrrrrrrrk" lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts