Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...tomorrow is Xmas day and I guess I won't be getting my 2014 RT Plus. I ordered it back in the first week of October. The car is supposedly sitting in the NJ holding area for over a week. I guess the powers that be are now on Xmas shut down and won't be delivering anything anytime soon. I will now go drive my 2003 Saturn and make some revving noises ! Merry Xmas to all !

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
It took 91 days

...for me to get my RT. It seems the RT's take forever. I and another guy received our SRT's in about a month..

·
Registered
274 Posts
I went through the same thing in December 2005, waiting for a new 2006 Monte Carlo SS ( I know, a Chevy, ... but Mopar didn't have a V8 coupe back then).

It was supposed to be delivered to the dealership by Dec 13, then they said Dec 22, then they said it was in a storage lot in Michigan and they didn't know when it would be in.

I finally got it February 12 2006. The car was a beauty, Laser blue with silver ground effects, but it was no Challenger, that's for sure!!!

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I went from may 09 till late dec 0- for my srt. a lot of people back then waited more months than that. I will be great when I shows up

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe its all just a dealership plot. They are trying to get me to take an SRT off their lot ! They probably have my RT hidden out back somewhere. I have been getting a little bit of SRT envy and thought about changing my mind.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Truth is stranger than fiction...

Maybe its all just a dealership plot. They are trying to get me to take an SRT off their lot ! They probably have my RT hidden out back somewhere. I have been getting a little bit of SRT envy and thought about changing my mind.
I really doubt that your RT is hidden out back. The reality is this: 1. SXT's are everywhere...and the buyers take them off the lot "as is." RT's are bought by "picky people." So are SRT's. But they make a lot more RT's...so the backlog is huge. I also heard that the new SRT management is "hell bent for leather," in getting customer satisfaction. I got mine in 35 days.

I was where you were...last year. Waiting for my RT. I predict that by Christmas 2014, you will be driving an SRT.

P.S. I saw your Army Wings tag. I have a feeling that the same drive that got you our wings...will prevail. You will be driving an SRT by next year. If not...there will certainly be a blower in your car.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
you should get the one you want deep down.

as much as I love my car (special order 8-9 weeks) I nearly bought a 2012 Blue Streak SRT and sometimes I wish
I had not passed on it because I really liked that color.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Weird, I did a search for new 2014 Challengers in the Houston area ,came back with 205 hits, that was a week ago. Seems most were RT's or cores. You would think ordered cars would have some kind of priority.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My salesman just called me (haven't spoken to him in months)....stated hey "great news" you should have your car delivered before the New Year ! I am already in wait and see mode.:D

·
Super Moderator
14,210 Posts
I also heard that the new SRT management is "hell bent for leather," in getting customer satisfaction. I got mine in 35 days.
Things have certainly changed. I ordered my 2009 SRT in May 2008 and did not receive it until December 13, 2008- 7 long months!

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Things have certainly changed. I ordered my 2009 SRT in May 2008 and did not receive it until December 13, 2008- 7 long months!
mine I think was on the same train . wife picked mine up dec 22 09 if I remember right. it was a loooong wait. and watching all the dealers get their cars while we waited.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today I am a HAPPY, HAPPY, man ! Last night I stopped by the dealer to hear another excuse on why my car wasn't here. Low and Behold! The owner says "Oh, your car is in the back! Can we get this deal done by tomorrow? It will help my year end numbers! Any way......I have put my first 50 miles on it trying out buttons and just learning the sounds. First song cranked on my stereo was ...."Barracuda". 2nd song blasted with the windows down and 23* temperatures was "I can't drive 55" ! The car is now parked in the driveway awaiting a 6 inch snowfall tonight. I would like to thank USAA Bank and Insurance for expediting the paperwork. My baby is an RT Plus in Granite Crystal, 5.7 Hemi , automatic. No sunroof, stripes or rear spoiler. I have my first mod (Billet Tech catch can in blue) ready to put in after the snow melts. $39650 with taxes/fees. AFR Barracuda grill is on the way. As soon as I can, I will post a photo and begin the before and after pictures. Now I can start wearing all my Dodge Challenger gifts I got for Xmas. Thanks to all my fellow CT members who have educated me about the ins/outs of this vehicle. I told the dealer not to install the front plate and I will be back next week to get the DRL's turned on.
Happy New Year to all and PLEASE , DON"T DRINK AND DRIVE ! I am not working tonight and won't make any overtime! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Congratulations man! Nothing quite like a new car and definitely nothing like a new car that you absolutely love! Just turned over 500 miles on mine and it's really starting to become familiar.

·
Registered
252 Posts
4-6 weeks for my 2014 manual RT was a few days short of 4 months (August 30th - December 27th). Wouldn't have been so bad if the dealer wouldn't give me dates it was supposed to come. First it was just before Thanksgiving, then just before Christmas. I knew manuals were as plentiful as competent member of congress but I did feel like my chain was being yanked.

Congrats on the arrival!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here is my first posted picture of my new ride. Hope you like it as much as I do ! Now I just have to wait until the spring thaw !

Well, that didn't appear to work. I'll get my kid to continue my computer lessons.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
535 Posts
Here is my first posted picture of my new ride. Hope you like it as much as I do ! Now I just have to wait until the spring thaw !

Well, that didn't appear to work. I'll get my kid to continue my computer lessons.
Boy doesn't that suck. New car & can't drive it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts