Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the image being sideways, stupid phone...but anyways, I plastidipped the chrome shifter bezel black over the weekend...looks super slick, absolutely love it. Not sure what they were thinking with all the chrome. The black definitely suits the blacktop much better!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, definitely an improvement. this is how all the chrome should have been stock for the blacktop, in my opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
456 Posts
Looks so much better now. Im right there with yah! Chrome.... booooo! Plastied my surround, stick, radio and center console then painted the shift pattern red today! I have a black car.

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have had the plasti on for a few weeks now, No problems yet. Some guys have had theirs on for more than a year issue free so far. The only one I may have problems with is the stick. If it peels anywhere it will be around the ball where I touch it so often. If it does, I can just do it again. Fast and easy.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I took a S.O.S pad to mine and dulled it up to more of a satin finish. The chrome simply scratches too easy.
That's a good idea! Im going for all black with just a hint of red accents inside and out. Lookin for a few more ideas. so far 392 badges, brembos, small stripe on seats, shifter pattern, underhood did the 392s on the half covers, the oil dip stick and the washer fluid cap. thinking about red fender stripes.
oh yeah and ordered srt8 logo mats with the red.

cafyrman, yeah they just pop right out. Get a pry tool and go around it, 2 clips on each side. Comes out easy.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Does it just pop off?
Yes, it does: it's held by plastic tabs. Pry and pull carefully.

I like chrome accents myself (too much does get gaudy fast) and it's probably an age thing. :icon_wink: What the OP and DougandMichelle did looks great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had the plasti on for a few weeks now, No problems yet. Some guys have had theirs on for more than a year issue free so far. The only one I may have problems with is the stick. If it peels anywhere it will be around the ball where I touch it so often. If it does, I can just do it again. Fast and easy.
That's a great point, I'm looking foward to seeing how it turns out on my baby

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks good, something that I might look into doing to my interior.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great look, I ordered and got my touch up paint matching my header orange and changed my chrome a bit ago and it still holds up great and the match is dead on!!

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
color match my car
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Gentlemen I must ask.
The color match paint you are all referring too. Is it a spray can?
And what is the process y'all are taking to paint them (prep wise)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The very first thing I ever plastidipped was that silly bezel. It was so blinding on sunny days. But then I felt the interior was a little bland (black car with all black interior) so I dipped the shift plate too.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts