Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I say nay.

I don't like fake stuff and that looks fake (well it is). Don't forget that our cars are a modern interpretation of the 1970 car, it isn't a 1970 car.

With that said, it really doesn't matter what others think. If you like something, get it and enjoy it. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
It looks forced and out of place with the rest of the car, yuck.

·
Registered
478 Posts
To finish off that great 70's look, how about a "Mod Top". If you're too young to remember those-Google it. It would look about as good as chrome bumpers on our cars.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
not something I would do.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I would

To finish off that great 70's look, how about a "Mod Top". If you're too young to remember those-Google it. It would look about as good as chrome bumpers on our cars.

Heck yeah! If I could go back to Mod Tops and Laugh-in. Back when I was more cool than round. You bet I would do it!

·
Registered
387 Posts
How would it look if another car gently tapped your bumper or small stones on the highway started chipping it.Generally your cars paint can handle slight tapping a small stones.
But then again the product might withstand some obuse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually don't think it's a bad idea, but not real big on fake stuff myself. If it was real metal, high quality, I don't think it would be too bad, just adds to the retro look. Then again, I've seen a few pics of challengers with a vinyl top, and didn't think that was too bad either. I really like the looks of my challenger as stock, but it is a bit plain. I've wondered why it doesn't have any side moldings on the doors, like a charger does?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Heck yeah! If I could go back to Mod Tops and Laugh-in. Back when I was more cool than round. You bet I would do it!

LOL :werd:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think right after I put that chrome all over my car I will go with some 28" rims...DEF. NAY!!!

·
Banned
197 Posts
My opinion: the shape of the "bumpers" we have now don't lend itself to being chromed. If someone could fabricate a real chrome bumper to fit the modern Challenger - now that might be cool. Might be. As long as the chroming looks fake, though, it won't look good IMO. However, I hold to the thought that one should do whatever they like with their own cars. If you like it, do it for your own enjoyment. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My berrycherry '12 R/T looks a little plain - I think the chrome would work on this car!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
They have an article on it in the Mopar Now magazine. I use to see that Ads and think...who in the world would do that to their Challenger. I read ask the articles in the mag except that one...so, I went back and read it. Now...I think maybe the picture in the ad is not doing the product any justice. The front did not look that bad. Then I noticed that it came as a kit with front, back, rockers, and grill surrounds front and back. I have seen cars with the grill surrounds and/or rockers and it did not look....horrendous.

As I finished the article and saw that the kit was priced around 1200 dollars!!! I returned too my thought...who in the world would do that to their Challenger?!!!

Thanks
Allan

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
My opinion: the shape of the "bumpers" we have now don't lend itself to being chromed. If someone could fabricate a real chrome bumper to fit the modern Challenger - now that might be cool. Might be. As long as the chroming looks fake, though, it won't look good IMO. However, I hold to the thought that one should do whatever they like with their own cars. If you like it, do it for your own enjoyment. :)
When my friend decide to use the RetroUSA product he left off the bumpers because of the reason you stated. He just went for the Header, Rear Trunk and Rocker pieces. This is how it looked...and what he wanted. The car is also featured in Mopar NOW Magazine.

100_2212.jpg 100_2222.jpg 100_2224.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I like Chrome.... My 54 Plymouth is just loaded with it! ...... I say do what makes you happy!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts