Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have good examples on what to do with this thing? I'm often get the sun reflecting off of it and into my eyes, and it's driving me nuts.

I want to replace it or something, but want to see what other people have done.

(2009 Automatic SRT8)

Thanks!

·
Registered
607 Posts
What kind of paint did you use? Mine is all scratched up ( I have no idea how it happend) and I am looking for an alternative as well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
What kind of paint did you use? Mine is all scratched up ( I have no idea how it happend) and I am looking for an alternative as well.
I got my spray from paintexpress(dot)com. Plug in your paint code, get a can of spray, and a can of clear coat, it works great. I've sprayed so many things including my engine half covers, then cleared them and it looks factory. Good Luck.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is there really no aftermarket piece for chrome trim around the shifter????? I have been wanting to get something cause the damn thing scratches so easily.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That looks really good shhnappa!
Thanks Elvis, I appreciate it.

Is there really no aftermarket piece for chrome trim around the shifter????? I have been wanting to get something cause the damn thing scratches so easily.
If you put 3 coats of clear after the color, it will not scatch as long as it is applied correctly, and you don't drag stuff across it. Mine still looks as good as the day I did it, that was over a year ago.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree. The sun is always reflecting off mine. Try the Hurst comp shifter kit. Looks like there is no chrome on it. Runs about $250. It's on my mods wish list.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I got my spray from paintexpress(dot)com. Plug in your paint code, get a can of spray, and a can of clear coat, it works great. I've sprayed so many things including my engine half covers, then cleared them and it looks factory. Good Luck.
You think that you could maybe post a link to that website you bought it from? I think that the one I am looking at is incorrect.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Soo you've seen da light, eh? Two ways I fixed that problem in my SE. First was to use 1/4" black pinstrip tape down the middle top of bezel, lookks good and cuts the glare to nada. But u can use the 6-speed boot to cover intire shifter with added bonus of the bezel is painted silver NOT chromed so 6-speed drivers have no idea how BAD that chrome puppy glares straight into your eyes like a bug under a magnafier! Shnappa, pic look familar?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Soo you've seen da light, eh? Two ways I fixed that problem in my SE. First was to use 1/4" black pinstrip tape down the middle top of bezel, lookks good and cuts the glare to nada. But u can use the 6-speed boot to cover intire shifter with added bonus of the bezel is painted silver NOT chromed so 6-speed drivers have no idea how BAD that chrome puppy glares straight into your eyes like a bug under a magnafier! Shnappa, pic look familar?
NICE!!! You know what they say, Great Minds ...!!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks for getting that link for me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Howw do u get to it? Do u have to take out the center consol and if so do u have any pics, or instructions? Thanks for the help. Mine is all scratched up and i want to get it out to paint it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Disregard i figured it out. I did it using a quarter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts