Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m an old guy with old school tastes in cars. My B5 came with black wheels and my previous Jazz Blue car had chrome wheels, which I liked a lot.
I’m not sure chrome wheels would even look good at all on a B5 so I’m wondering if anyone here has a B5 so equipped and could post pics.
I’d like opinions on what folks think. I’m not a fan of black wheels but I’m actually not likely to spend the money to change to chrome This is one of those things that just gets on my mind and makes me wonder.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is an instagram account by the name of ab_scatpack that has chrome hellcat wheels and white stripes, i dont know if he is on the forum here but you can check out his instagram

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
The first run of B5 Classics back in '09/'10 looked killer with the Heritage rims. Unfortunately, those won't fit over the Brembos.

I thought the same way for a while, but finding an aftermarket chrome wheel that I really liked enough to spend the money on just didn't happen. Closest that I liked were the original SRT "Alcoas", but they aren't chrome, but look good.

For me, the WRT's finally got a hold of me, and I really am liking them a lot now. Just a different vibe than the chromes,

Best of luck!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
I see no reason chrome wheel would not look good

100_9103_zps63a07370.jpg

100_9137_zpsfdd103ea.jpg

photo-5.JPG

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,866 Posts
I think chrome or forged aluminum wheels would look great on your Scat Pack.

If you want to save a lot of money, you might want to consider buying used wheels. They are graded by condition and some are in great shape. The 20 x 9 Alcoa wheels can be bought for as little as $183 each. When new, dealers were charging over $900 for replacements. Check out this site:

https://www.carparts.com/

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all of you. After seeing some pictures and estimates of price range, I'm more interested than I already was

Personally, I think it looks great with "shiny" wheels and I'm going to be in search of.

I've never been well-versed in wheel types and what fits what and pretty much went with whatever was on the cars I bought.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm not a fan of chrome wheels anymore but I do admit, it looks good on B5.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
I’m an old guy with old school tastes in cars. My B5 came with black wheels and my previous Jazz Blue car had chrome wheels, which I liked a lot.
I’m not sure chrome wheels would even look good at all on a B5 so I’m wondering if anyone here has a B5 so equipped and could post pics.
I’d like opinions on what folks think. I’m not a fan of black wheels but I’m actually not likely to spend the money to change to chrome This is one of those things that just gets on my mind and makes me wonder.
I feel the same way,don"t like the black wheels.I did a search and came up with a place called factory reproductions (800-824-2676)they have a style 70 Chrome (cast) rims for $970 shipped with Lugs.I called discount tire they carry the same rims for $839 with my tires mounted.I might go that route.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just for clarification, when I said "chrome", I should have been more clear and said polished or chrome. Shiny instead of black.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think chrome or forged aluminum wheels would look great on your Scat Pack.

If you want to save a lot of money, you might want to consider buying used wheels. They are graded by condition and some are in great shape. The 20 x 9 Alcoa wheels can be bought for as little as $183 each. When new, dealers were charging over $900 for replacements. Check out this site:

https://www.carparts.com/
Thanks! I didn't realize they could be had for that low price range.

I searched the site you linked but need to search deeper since I didn't find what I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is an instagram account by the name of ab_scatpack that has chrome hellcat wheels and white stripes, i dont know if he is on the forum here but you can check out his instagram

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks! I have an instagram account but have never used it. Going to go see if I can find this.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Been looking too

What's an old Guy:shrug03:
Any way, I have the same thought with changing the black wheels that are on my 2016 HellCat.
This forum is good reading, but the price to do any thing on these cars is nuts. :cursin:

·
Super Moderator
13,866 Posts
Thanks! I didn't realize they could be had for that low price range.

I searched the site you linked but need to search deeper since I didn't find what I'm looking for.
Sorry, I gave you the wrong website. It is as follows:

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

Follow these steps:

Enter 2009 Dodge Challenger
Select "Wheels- Display with Image"
Enter your zip code

When the wheel image list appears, scroll down to 20 x 9 alloy- argent (These are the Alcoa forged aluminum SRT wheels. They fit widths between 245/45-20 and 275/40-20).

After this, a list of suppliers will appear with wheel grades and prices.

You can get a great forged (not cast) wheel at a cheap price.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts