Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had called Chrysler about their lousy customer service, what with building and shipping unsold Challengers before the sold Inaugeral Editions.
Here is the latest update:

"Larry" called me to "make my day". He proudly told me my 392 "had been shipped from the plant on Jan 17th". I said great...where is it. His answer: I don't know. I said, so it could have been involved in an accident and may be hiding in an out of the way body shop getting fixed? He said, I hope not, we never really know what might happen.
So, I say, is it possible the car is at Ground Effects in Windsor, Ontario?
He replies, I don't know, I have never heard of that place!

I give up! I'm done trying to understand the company I grew up with, and worked with most of my life. If this is the way they want to do business...
GOOD LUCK, and GOOD RIDDANCE!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Maybe you should be callling Fiat directly?

... But if you talk to Larry again, could you ask him why they built a $50,000 car on January 13th only to leave it sitting for almost 2 weeks at Bay E7403 in Brampton, instead of shipping it to the mysterious Ground Effects to sit some more? I wonder if anyone even remembers they built my car.

I'm being patient... but it sure does seem like a powerful pack of lunacy going on up there.

Thanks.
ray

·
Registered
585 Posts
I thought and hesitate to say anything cuz I fully understand "the wait" But after many years of ordering a Chry300 company fleet car every 2 yrs we were told 6-8 weeks and so we just hide and watch and sure enough it was thus. So my curiousity question is how long have you been waiting? and what were you told/expectation?, and again I'm just curious.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Amazing. Dodge has $50,000 cars floating around and they don't know where they are.

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
They know exactly where they are and what stage of build they are in before the car is even assembled.
Use the registry!!!

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Yeah the challenger registry WAS a big help, but i don't believe its working. In all reality, you guys are experiencing the shortest wait that I've seen compared to how the rest of us were treated. From time of order to receipt for me it was 8 months... Be grateful they sped up the process, and have a little patience. Its coming...

·
Registered
301 Posts
I thought and hesitate to say anything cuz I fully understand "the wait" But after many years of ordering a Chry300 company fleet car every 2 yrs we were told 6-8 weeks and so we just hide and watch and sure enough it was thus. So my curiousity question is how long have you been waiting? and what were you told/expectation?, and again I'm just curious.
+1 The official launch of the 2011s was on January 7th at Brampton for the 2011 Challenger, 300, and Charger. If one doesn't have the patience to wait a little over 2 weeks after the earliest time that a car can be built...then they should simply buy cars off the lot.

If they were told they WOULD get the car sooner then 6-8 weeks after that date by a dealer, they should take it up with the dealer.

If the dealer mislead you, heck, use it as some leverage. See if the dealer will make a deal and knock $1000 or 2 off so you don't walk away.

·
Registered
402 Posts
+1 The official launch of the 2011s was on January 7th at Brampton for the 2011 Challenger, 300, and Charger. If one doesn't have the patience to wait a little over 2 weeks after the earliest time that a car can be built...then they should simply buy cars off the lot.

If they were told they WOULD get the car sooner then 6-8 weeks after that date by a dealer, they should take it up with the dealer.

If the dealer mislead you, heck, use it as some leverage. See if the dealer will make a deal and knock $1000 or 2 off so you don't walk away.
They were being built since early December. I think the factory opened back up on the 7th of December. My car was built on the 23rd of December so not complaining too much right now because they are still in their window of expected time frame (I'll start to complain once the 2012 are starting to be made and I still don't have my car). It has only been a month since it has been built (two and half weeks excluding winter break). The ones that are hitting dealers now were built before the on or before the 16 of December, which puts it at 5-6 weeks since being built. The rest of the cars should be hitting KZ soon if the time frame continues on the same track.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
For me the wait has been 6 weeks since production started (7 if you include the holiday break).

N/A Dealer ordered Car
11/8 I put deposit on car
12/8ish Production started on IEs
12/22 Schedule build date for my IE
Current Car is still not built sitting in D1

Still figure on a 4-6 week striping & delivery wait until the car actually arrives.

I'm no longer mad or disgusted. I'm resigned to wait and hope I get 1099 or 1100 since all the low builds and other intersting numbers are probably taken (392, 500, 666) ;)

Now if my car is not at least built by the 2nd week of Feb then Dodge can expect a phone call and email from me every day until it is and I'll be contacting my dealer to see if he can push things through in any way. :domotwak:

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Just fyi, if they're doing this the same way as any other challenger thats been numbered, the numbers are random and have nothing to do with build order. So you could very well get 392, 666, ect. BUT, as I've seen a few other things you weren't happy with, im sure that won't sit well with you either haha. Many people were mad with the 08s when that happened too.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'm actually starting to wonder if due to a backlog at Ground Effects that they may have stopped production on IEs for the time being because they ran out of storage space at GE. One they cought up they'll start back up. Call it a guess with no proof. :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Just fyi, if they're doing this the same way as any other challenger thats been numbered, the numbers are random and have nothing to do with build order. So you could very well get 392, 666, ect. BUT, as I've seen a few other things you weren't happy with, im sure that won't sit well with you either haha. Many people were mad with the 08s when that happened too.

I'm doing much better for now. :D I've vented all my anger on the challenger support group threads.

The reason I gave a deadline of the 2nd week of Feb is so I can get it by the start of spring and get it broken in by summer so I really can enjoy the car. :)

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Good to hear. You'll be mad at yourself for being upset with some of dodges choices. Everything goes out the window once the car is here. As I said above, I waited 8 months for my first car, owned it for 3 then it was so good that I decided to wait all over again for the 2nd. Great feeling seeing your window sticker with your name on it.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Bingo. I know some of the first cars were built in December but I think most people are forgetting that the plant was closed for the holidays.:notallthere:

·
Banned
162 Posts
does anybody who has ordered a 392 want me to drive by ground effects during my travels? I work around there... I saw my challenger in the lot (or a few hemi orange classics that resemble it) 2 weeks before it came to my dealer 20 min away from GE. I can let you guys know if I see any 392's ??

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
does anybody who has ordered a 392 want me to drive by ground effects during my travels? I work around there... I saw my challenger in the lot (or a few hemi orange classics that resemble it) 2 weeks before it came to my dealer 20 min away from GE. I can let you guys know if I see any 392's ??

Bee posted pictures of rows upon rows of IEs waiting for stripes at GE. You'd be hard pressed to find anybody's car based on the pics without checking VINs one by one. :cowtounge:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey Steve, do you think you could snag me a few pics of non-IEs with the dual gray and silver stripes on them? I'd be much obliged if you could get a few of a black car with a gray stripe, that way I know what I'm getting.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey Steve, do you think you could snag me a few pics of non-IEs with the dual gray and silver stripes on them? I'd be much obliged if you could get a few of a black car with a gray stripe, that way I know what I'm getting.

Good call then you can get your answers. :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good to hear. You'll be mad at yourself for being upset with some of dodges choices. Everything goes out the window once the car is here. As I said above, I waited 8 months for my first car, owned it for 3 then it was so good that I decided to wait all over again for the 2nd. Great feeling seeing your window sticker with your name on it.
Also at this point if I work a few more days of OT and my income tax check beats the car (good chance of that) I should be able to cut my loan from 5 to 4 years by using the Dodge 2.9% financing for 4 years and a larger down payment. So the delay is working to my advantage finacially. :thumbsup:

Now if I can get my boss to cough up some more OT... :scratchhead: I think I trashed his payroll budget. :program:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts