Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a call from Chrysler yesterday evening asking how and what I thought about my purchase. I was sort of shocked since I just bought it Sunday and today was Tuesday...let see I have 18 miles on it...there's starting point.

So I proceeded to give them some construtive brand management options, of course thinking of everyone here. In addition, the dealership must have conveyed that the buyer (me) did a real due diligence of the competitors cars, not withstanding reading some of the bs that some opinionated slobs write about cars.

Here were my recommendations:

1. This is a flagship car for Dodge, and that the slow production and scarcity of these on delaership lots is in fact making chevy camaro the number one sales vehicle, that this is a branding/marketing plan failure. This car is indeed better overall in fit and finish to both rivals, and has better functional utility. Up production so that people can have them available on the lots. The dealers cannot sell what they don't have.....

2. Throw in a set of wheel locks on every car. Call Gorilla and have these sent with every car and have as part of the package. Don't send buyers out to purchase this item.

3. The hood rod used to keep the hood up, is cheap on a car like this, and over time of use is a source of a rust spot. Don't send people to the dealership or ebay to purchase for $50. This should be a standard design in these cars and from a costing standpoint for cost plus a small margin, were probably talking $25.00 install these as part of the car.

4. Brand this car have a 60 sec. commercial with real owners being interviewed, with each having a 15 second slot with simple overview questions...why I love my Dodge Challenger. Such as I looked at the others and this car rides better and has a real trunk.....

5. Start a return customer program with $1,500 off any car for any current Chrysler return purchasers no matter what vehicle they use to purchase, cash, financing etc. Capture these people for their dedication to these cars.

Hopefully this will sink in with them......since I had to order the Gorilla lug locks and hood strut assembly myself. But nice to see Chrysler- Dodge follow up with new owners in less than 48 hours. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
368 Posts
be prepared...I got 3 of those calls in a week, each time they had no idea they had already called and spoken to me. Funny...mine came with factory locking wheel lugs.

Nice work on the feedback!!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I got the call too. I told them my car is still on a [email protected]#$%^g train in Ohio and the longer it sat there, the worse my responses would be on their survey. She said she'd call back later.

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Surprise.....I just opened my hood and guess what? The friggen Hood shocks are installed....yep their putting them in the new production cars!

Stuoid me and the hood rod assembly is not only not there the plastic trim cover in that area is completely closed, meaning this hood rod assembly has been discontinued.

If anyone needs a new complete MOPAR Hood lift assembly shipped its $50.80 and yes that will include shipping which I'll eat. Yes I'll take a MO or Pers. Check.

·
Registered
978 Posts
2008-2010 SRT-8's have the gas struts to open the hood... Guess they never filtered down to the R/T crowd until 2011?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I did all the surveys that I was either called or written about. Got a call from Chrysler a couple weeks later and was told they were giving me (2) free oil changes. About 2 weeks after that, got a credit card sized piece of laminated paper in the mail with my vin #, name, and (2) free oil changes on it.

Already used it for one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
1. This is a flagship car for Dodge, and that the slow production and scarcity of these on delaership lots is in fact making chevy camaro the number one sales vehicle,
I'd attribute that to brand loyalty, not scarcity of Mopars.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So your basically saying that lower sales are due to brand loyalty? Just ask the salemen/women. If they had more cars available they'd sell them all. Cars are now a point of purchase decision and if you can drive one that has what you desire then the decision is usually a quick one for the typical buyer. If they leave the dealership and cannot find it at another then they will usually buy elsewhere and another brand.

Brand Loyalty starts after the purchase and it goes with patience. If its hard to get people are inclined to buy another brand, and they do. The Chevy Camaro is available and usually many to choose from so they sell more cars. Infact my dealer is also the number one Corvette dealership in the country. They have 20 plus Camaros sitting there for sale. One Challenger SRT/Hemi 392......then mine showed up. One car that was ordered back in March. That just about covers it all.:(

·
Registered
460 Posts
I agree, Semlam. My local dealer sold the last 2010 they had on the lot in September. They didn't get any new stock until a redline 2011 in February. You can't sell what you don't have...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd have to agree with challengers being scarce on dealership lots, at least around here. Most lots have a handful of SE's and maybe 1 or 2 SRT8's, RT's few and far between and optioned at random.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'd attribute that to brand loyalty, not scarcity of Mopars.
I consider myself very loyal to the brand. My first was a '05 Magnum R/T AWD in late '05. Only one they ever had & took it off the showroom floor with 1100 miles on it with no complaints. Loved it! Next was a '07 Ram Big Horn Edition (HEMI #2!). They had to order it & it took 3 weeks to come in. They said about 3 so i was ok with that. Honest & upfront & i knew what to expect. Love it.

Finally after a few subtle changes to the Challenger, Im more than satisfied with the car they offer & order a '11 R/T 6spd. I keep it really simple, only wanting blk/charcole cloth interior, R/T, 6spd. They take my Magnum on a trade, put me in a '10 R/T 6spd with apprx. 12,500 miles on it. They tell me 2 weeks till mine comes in, 3 weeks worst case. I feel pretty good about that considering Im in close to the equivalent of my new car (although they spent an hour attempting to get me to take a V-6 loaner:scratchhead:). A week later they sell the loaner Im in so I take it back, understanding the situation. Again they toss me the keys to a V-6 & I respectfully toss them back. They (in a grumpy manner) give me a '11 R/T 6spd loaner. Cool. A week later they say its sold so back I go. This time Im told they cant give me the equivalent of what i purchased due to low inventory (must be low since they didnt have mine that i paid for!). They stick me in an Avenger (the LUX model! Fancy!!!) & say my car will be in by the weekend & the following Monday at the very latest. I bite my lip & roll out in the Avenger loaded with the works (fancy but not me...). A week later I roll in to see what the deal is. No info....:scratchhead:.... After being told I would get call backs over the next couple days (& not getting them), I go out & demand some info & to get out of the Matchbox. They say only the GM can track vehicles :)liar:) & that theyll know in a couple days. Finally they admit yesterday that they car is sitting in a field in Detroit when they said the car was leaving Detroit the same week of purchase. They stick me in a Ram & say that they can fly up & drive the car 1200 miles back to LA to me by this weekend (really not feeling my new car being taken on a cross country trip by some Yahoo) so they say they will attempt to locate a Tungsten one of the same model for me today (my original choice of color that they said would take longer to get than the blk one.... Yea sure....). So today I get the runaround for several hours & after 2 trips out to the dealership, Im told the car could/should be here by Monday. After pressing to speak to a manager & possibly see or hear of this actual track that was made, Im told the car will "PROBABLY" be loaded up in the morning & i "SHOULD" have it sometime next week. I was also told they will "SEE ABOUT" making my first payment thats due next week. I walk out dissatisfied not because I dont have my car but because I get runaround answers & nothing direct. That with the idea that its ok to sell a car, give a false delivery date, & expect an individual to drive a car that cost $10,000 less than the money they were just given (with no timeframe of how long I would be in that car).

Sorry for the long story but Im a bit peeved about this transaction. I left out the part about going in yesterday & there being a car exact to mine, with my name & salesmans name on the dash being there. Then im told there was a mistake & its not mine but someone that has been waiting over 2 months! FML!

I expect to stay loyal to Dodge & get a Durango but maybe its time for a new dealership! Or maybe a GM product.............

1 - 16 of 16 Posts