Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Colors affected;

"brilliant black, blackberry, deep cherry red, redline, inferno, bronze star, rugged brown, hunter green, ivory and billet metallic."

·
Registered
329 Posts
Confirmed! Article in paper confirms this as true. According to the article it is some sort of pigment shortage. That's a LOT of colors effected. This pigment only available from Japan?

·
Registered
94 Posts
i was on the doge site and all the colors mentioned are now "X'd" out so you can't even see a preview of them anymore.

·
Super Moderator
15,596 Posts
Some of the ingredients are pigments but also the compounds for making the metallic or pearl effect in paints as well.

Since these come from a world-wide company, I would imagine that other sources / plants will come online until the Japanese facilities are up and running again.

·
Registered
145 Posts
So i really hope that we can find a new supplier for paint, wonder how long its going to delay the one i ordered is black...

I ordered it feb 26 and just now got it to D status... was initially told 4-6 weeks..

Im shocked.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Lesson learned: Domestic suppliers.
This pigment only available from Japan?

Major automakers, including Chrysler Group LLC (Milan:FIA.MI - News), Toyota Motor Co (Tokyo:7203.T - News), General Motors Co (NYSE:GM - News) and Ford Motor Co (NYSE:F - News) use the pigment, called Xirallic, produced at only one factory in the world -- the Onahama plant near the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power station in Japan.

·
Registered
664 Posts
You may wanna add toxic Orange and the beloved green with envy too the list they too have that pearl flake.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
This may cripple Dodge and really hurt revenue, with so many colors affected. Personally, if I'd put in an order for one of those colors, I wouldn't settle for anything else.

They'd better do something, and do it fast, or they could be losing millions.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Some of the ingredients are pigments but also the compounds for making the metallic or pearl effect in paints as well.
Yet another case to offer straight up BLACK... with NO metallic :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
With all the problems that the earthquake and tsunami have caused maybe some of these companies should take a look at bringing work back to the states and making the good old USA more self sufficient again.

·
Registered
439 Posts
With all the problems that the earthquake and tsunami have caused maybe some of these companies should take a look at bringing work back to the states and making the good old USA more self sufficient again.
sounds dang good to me. They need to find another supplier.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I say, let's put Americans back to work and make this on the home front!! we did it before and we can do it again.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was on the phone with the customer service rep's at the plant yesterday for a problem with my order. I asked if I ordered a car and it was one of the colors that are on the list of having the paint shortage, how long would it take before I actually see my car. I was told that if they run out of a certain color, it can be up to 6 months before they even start building it. Then I would have to factor in the car going to ground effects and being shipped to the dealership. It wouldnt be a surprise to not see a car for 7 or 8 months after the order is put in. I'm buying one off the lot, I'm not waiting this long for a car.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Ron: Redline is one of the restricted colors :( Anyways I think IF your order went in on the 25th your good. I read that this was the last day for orders to go in for the restricted colors. You may wanna check on it.
Anyways good luck! Redline may end up being one of those rare colors for the '11 year now who knows!

I was on the phone with the customer service rep's at the plant yesterday for a problem with my order. I asked if I ordered a car and it was one of the colors that are on the list of having the paint shortage, how long would it take before I actually see my car. I was told that if they run out of a certain color, it can be up to 6 months before they even start building it. Then I would have to factor in the car going to ground effects and being shipped to the dealership. It wouldnt be a surprise to not see a car for 7 or 8 months after the order is put in. I'm buying one off the lot, I'm not waiting this long for a car.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts