Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler approved my case to replace my vehicle after continuous trips to the shop!! I'm proud of Chrysler taking care of a customer, I didn't think it would happen and I was prepared to have a lawyer involved in a Lemon Law case, but none of that is needed now.

They are going to match MSRP from my car with was around $36k

My only concern is I purchased my car on a hail damage sale, so I'm not sure how this is going to work out? Will they deduct from msrp price, or will I have to get the hail damage fixed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Chrysler approved my case to replace my vehicle after continuous trips to the shop!! I'm proud of Chrysler taking care of a customer, I didn't think it would happen and I was prepared to have a lawyer involved in a Lemon Law case, but none of that is needed now.

They are going to match MSRP from my car with was around $36k

My only concern is I purchased my car on a hail damage sale, so I'm not sure how this is going to work out? Will they deduct from msrp price, or will I have to get the hail damage fixed.
Does your title specify it was a new car or a used car? Who discounted the price, Chrysler or the Dealer? If it was the dealer, does Chrysler even know is was a hail damaged car?

If you paid less than the MSRP other than incentives, I would be surprised if they price matched a damaged vehicle at full MSRP. But stranger things have happened, they may do so just to put the issue to bed rather than have publicity and legal costs.

Interesting to see what transpires.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your title specify it was a new car or a used car? Who discounted the price, Chrysler or the Dealer? If it was the dealer, does Chrysler even know is was a hail damaged car?

If you paid less than the MSRP other than incentives, I would be surprised if they price matched a damaged vehicle at full MSRP. But stranger things have happened, they may do so just to put the issue to bed rather than have publicity and legal costs.

Interesting to see what transpires.
I bought the car brand new with 45 miles on it. There is no sign of hail damage on the title or car history report. I talked the dealership down, not Chrysler.

The people over at the response team stated that they will match my MSRP not my actual price, so I'm guessing I get to pick a car with the same MSRP as mine, not actual price paid.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You are not limited to the MSRP you paid on another vehicle. You can purchase any car you want and the MSRP you paid for your current car will be applied to the new one less loan payoff if that applies.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I have blastin bobs for an srt if your intrested. Congrats on the lemon law. It's not everyday some one gets a replacement. It really must of had problems. I say go all out and upgrade. Your worth it.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have blastin bobs for an srt if your intrested. Congrats on the lemon law. It's not everyday some one gets a replacement. It really must of had problems. I say go all out and upgrade. Your worth it.
Might be interested, I'll know more next week. Depends on if I get another R/T or an SRT

I actually didn't have to pursue the lemon law route, which was the good thing, it could of caused a lot more headaches than I've already had with this vehicle.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Chrysler is the best manufacturer when taking care of their customers. None of the others will do a voluntary repurchase or replacement with out a hassle now. Good luck on the replacement. They like to keep you in the family.

·
Registered
406 Posts
That has to be a relief! I say go for that Black beauty!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
2010 Dodge Challenger srt8, 142 miles , mint, West Des Moines, Iowa
2010 Dodge Challenger srt8, 142 miles, mint, Car was driven home from dealership and put in storage. bought in febuary, 2011, 37700.00 West Des Moines Iowa, please email any questions
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
526 Posts
For God's sake do not volunteer that information!
Bingo! Just go with the flow.
"A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush"
Good to hear Chrysler came up large,get it all in writing from Mopar and the dealer and get them to sign off the old car and check the fine print on the new Challenger..Best of luck on your new ride :thumbsup:

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chrysler called today to tell me how the process works. I get full MSRP value for my vehicle and I am able to pay the difference on a more expensive vehicle.

However the bad news is, I have to fix the hail damage on the vehicle, they cannot accept any vehicle buy back in a damaged condition :(:(

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Just have one of the paintless dent guys take care of the hail damage; they do nice work. I'd bet it will run around $1,000, but it will be worth the cost to be able to "trade" the car for full MSRP.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just have one of the paintless dent guys take care of the hail damage; they do nice work. I'd bet it will run around $1,000, but it will be worth the cost to be able to "trade" the car for full MSRP.
You were right, the guy charged me $1000, he said it would of been a $3000 job if I would of gone to a large company. I hope to wrap this deal up tomorrow. I've seen all paper work, fixed my hail damage, and picked a car out. Chrysler is supposed to contact the dealer about the SRT8 that I picked and we should be done.

I hope

1 - 20 of 37 Posts