Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

By Jacqui Madelin

The business case is being presented to DaimlerChrysler management for production next year.
The Dodge Challenger is back - and it could come to New Zealand.

Developed in response to complaints that last year's four-door Charger was too boring, the show-stopping muscle car is based on a shortened version of Chrysler's 300C rear-drive platform.

The aim was to blend historic cues and bold graphics to build a vehicle with the attributes people remember - but without the flaws. .

To aid the design task, a 1970 Challenger was parked in the Chrysler Group's West Coast Pacifica studio and Jeff Godshall, a young designer at the studio when the first Challenger was created, was drawn into the project.

Vice-president of Advanced Vehicle Design, Tom Trement, said a key was to avoid the old car's tucked-under wheels and long front overhang. Thus this car sits on a 2946mm wheelbase.

It's 152mm longer and 50mm wider than the original car, with track increased to 1625 and 1651mm to enhance that purposeful look.

Principal exterior designer Michael Castiglione said, "We wanted to stay pure, with simple, minimal line work, but with everything just right."

Read more here

Source: The New Zealand Herald
By Jacqui Madelin

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
HERE FIRST! Then New Zealand can worry about gettin theirs.;)

·
Registered
598 Posts
ND RAM said:
HERE FIRST! Then New Zealand can worry about gettin theirs.;)
LOL,....Man you took the words out of my mouth.;) ....I mean really,..who the hell cares about New Zealand(no offense),when we can't even get official confirmation from DCX over here,..in the Good 'ole USA!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
LOL,....Man you took the words out of my mouth.;) ....I mean really,..who the hell cares about New Zealand(no offense),when we can't even get official confirmation from DCX over here,..in the Good 'ole USA!!:rolleyes:

There you go!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
No offense to anyone but if the Kiwi's getting the car first means it's officially going into production? Sorry guys, I'm moving to NZ. ;) Not.

·
Registered
598 Posts
stewprime said:
No offense to anyone but if the Kiwi's getting the car first means it's officially going into production? Sorry guys, I'm moving to NZ. ;) Not.
That's it!...Maybe DCX is playing its own (un)reality game,and we have to find out where the next clue is gonna be from,..then we piece it all together,to form an official production release date with options,...That's it!! I figured it out!!...Its like the game of Clue or "To Tell The Truth" or "Password" game....man I'm showin' my age now:p ..... hint:inside rumor is,.....shhhhh!!!,...next clue is coming from.......Zimbabwe....shhhhh!!....Lets see,that means...ummm.....:p :p :D ..lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
That's it!...Maybe DCX is playing its own (un)reality game,and we have to find out where the next clue is gonna be from,..then we piece it all together,to form an official production release date with options,...That's it!! I figured it out!!...Its like the game of Clue or "To Tell The Truth" or "Password" game....man I'm showin' my age now:p ..... hint:inside rumor is,.....shhhhh!!!,...next clue is coming from.......Zimbabwe....shhhhh!!....Lets see,that means...ummm.....:p :p :D ..lol
Dude, take a breath!!!! I know you want it man, but do you think you may be overthinking it a tad???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
hahaha:D you are a silly old man. but I love it, you really keep this website rollin'! :cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
GottahaveaHemi said:
Yeah he is! And I love the cute innocent crush going on between you two! ;) ;) Makes me laugh! :D
Awwww, that's sweet!!! I'm glad we are keeping you entertained.:p You should see the not-so-innocent private message I share with some of the other guys. Just kidding, had you going though didn't I?:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
bad2cudagirl said:
Awwww, that's sweet!!! I'm glad we are keeping you entertained.:p You should see the not-so-innocent private message I share with some of the other guys. Just kidding, had you going though didn't I?:D
Oh you had me goin alright!!:eek: But I still believe it!:p I bet you and Vanishing Point are secret lovers! :D How exciting! :) :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts