Dodge Challenger Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
They have issues with their product pipeline. More specifically shipping after completion. They don't want people knowing a car is sitting on a railroad siding for weeks. You can find out by calling Dodge customer service, but who would do that constantly * cough *

A Guy
As you notice, he's been gone for weeks. Thank goodness. :giggle:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Today has been 3 weeks since I ordered my SPC. Called my guy at the dealership and he checked the status code and said it was KZP. Don't see that code on the list? He said it was built, had vin#, and was ready to begin shipping... He estimated arrival in around 10 days or so....
Anyone know the code KZP?
Todd

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
I believe these are the KZ codes

KZL Released - Not Shipped
KZM First Rail Departure
KZN First Rail Arrival
KZO Delayed
KZP Arrived at Body Vendor
KZR First Move To Rail Station
KZS Second Move To Rail Station
KZQ Completed at Ship-Thru
KZT Second Rail Departure
KZU Second Rail Arrival
KZX Delivered To Dealer
KZY In Transit Issues

But if so, almost sounds like KZP Arrived at Body Vendor is like JB? All the other KZ codes are for shipped cars, so I'd go with that ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
And didn't think it went KZ until it left the body vendor so guess I don't understand KZP.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
JB = Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe)
I don't think this is the case, I'm not getting any of the factory stripes......
My guy at the dealership did say something about Body Vendor....not sure what that is describing?
Todd

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
JB = Shipped to Upfit Center (for Stripe)
I don't think this is the case, I'm not getting any of the factory stripes......
My guy at the dealership did say something about Body Vendor....not sure what that is describing?
Todd
Scat Pack right? What options? Shaker?

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Scat Pack Shaker, 6 speed, Dynamics Package, Drivers Convenience Group....
Todd
That's it right there, all Shakers leave Brampton with a hole in the hood and go to the Upfitter for completion. Usually only adds a week or two at most.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I guess what I need to know now is how long has the car been on code KZP. After KZP the railroad shipping process starts. I have read some post about them sitting at the train station for two to three weeks!:oops:
I would assume there are several different distribution center stops along the way before it gets to Dallas Texas. Anyone know where it arrives in the DFW area? Any guess on the transport time from Ontario to Texas?
Todd

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Whether it goes to the Upfitter in Bolton or Windsor, I think it still will go by truck to a yard in Michigan. Mine went to Sterling Heights then by train from there via St Louis, yours might do the same.

Figure 100 miles per day average once it ships. It's about 1,200 to 1,400 miles to you so figure about 2 weeks shipping time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Today makes 4 weeks since SP ordered. Called my dealer and got code KZT! Said it was at rail yard in Indiana now! Hoping it gets here by next weekend! I need to go learn how to post pics on this forum now.....
Todd

201 - 211 of 211 Posts
About this Discussion
210 Replies
124 Participants
Toddsnake
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing