Dodge Challenger Forum banner

221 - 240 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sublime1320, I understand your pain as my last car sat in KZ (released to be shipped) for a month (hope that doesn't happen to you). FCA is Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. You're in a good status just keep checking as they have to get a full load heading your way before it starts moving. My new car has been sitting in KZ for a little while and today it shows in transit, no ETA yet. Hang in there as everyone will tell you, it will be worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually NO...! It's not worth it. As I wouldn't have ordered it this year... I'd have just waited.
Now, I will bring it home from the dealer and park it.
Meanwhile I'll be making car AND insurance payments on something I cannot drive.
My dealer said 6 to 8 weeks. That's why I decided to order it.
For a while, Chrysler Customer Care was saying the same thing.
Now they're saying 8 to 10 weeks.
I'm about to tell the dealer I want my $2k downpayment back and I MIGHT order something next year.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Actually NO...! It's not worth it. As I wouldn't have ordered it this year... I'd have just waited.
Now, I will bring it home from the dealer and park it.
Meanwhile I'll be making car AND insurance payments on something I cannot drive.
My dealer said 6 to 8 weeks. That's why I decided to order it.
For a while, Chrysler Customer Care was saying the same thing.
Now they're saying 8 to 10 weeks.
I'm about to tell the dealer I want my $2k downpayment back and I MIGHT order something next year.
Just wait until it comes in damaged and you aren't able to take delivery! Believe me, waiting once was hard enough. Starting the whole process over again has really made me rethink how much I even want my car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I just had some great news. Yesterday I called my dealer and they told me the car is now being assigned a shipper and will come by truck from the factory.
Common sense would say that delivery by truck would be much faster than anything involving a train, but I'm not holding my breath for anything at this point.
I guess let's see how long it takes to get a shipper and be delivered.
My dealer told me to call them on Thursday.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well see not as bad as you were amp'ing yourself up for. Hope you get some great rides before you have to put it up and post some pics when you get it. I haven't heard anything new on mine, still in transit and no one knows where. Thank God I have a better car now to enjoy until it shows up. Just waiting to clay and wax that PCP.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well my order is making some movement. I wonder what happened to my original build date schedule of 4/28/08. Now with all this movement, I am starting to get anxious.

Route Movements Event Date Location
Completed
.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 06/11/2008 07:35 AM EDT Windsor Assembly, ON
.. Built - Pending Inspection (I) 06/26/2008 03:39 PM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Ship To Storage (JS) 07/14/2008 09:24 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. At Facility 07/15/2008 11:44 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 07/15/2008 02:31 PM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 07/15/2008 02:31 PM EDT Windsor Assembly, ON
.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 07/16/2008 07:32 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 07/16/2008 07:32 AM EDT Windsor Assembly, ON
.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 07/16/2008 07:32 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Truck Dispatch 07/21/2008 10:26 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
Current
.. Delivered to Body Shop 07/21/2008 11:00 PM EDT Ground Effects Ltd., Windsor, ON
thank you

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Well, I just had some great news. Yesterday I called my dealer and they told me the car is now being assigned a shipper and will come by truck from the factory.
Common sense would say that delivery by truck would be much faster than anything involving a train, but I'm not holding my breath for anything at this point.
I guess let's see how long it takes to get a shipper and be delivered.
My dealer told me to call them on Thursday.
What could go wrong? ;)

It will be there soon, and you will be very happy :D

A Guy

Reactions: Jack44

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,120 Posts
And judging by the posts on this thread, it's the norm.
Just think about that... 40, 50, 60k per car just sitting there waiting in limbo.
Pathetic and unacceptable.
I dont think that is the norm. It does vary depending on many factors. If your car is built with no ship date then it is the shipper who is probably waiting on other cars to fill its transport and not send it half empty to whatever area your dealer is in.
I ordered my redeye Aug. 16 and it was delivered Sept. 18.
I have 2 friends who ordered hellcats last year both received them in about the same amount of time.
Be patient, it's well worth the wait!

·
Registered
26 Posts
i am still waiting for my redeye.in kz 1 month ordered aug 19.this sucks i live in the north east should be plenty sales to fill up car carriers

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Just went KZ!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: JustinHEMI

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Most of the KZ codes are here

The thing is, we have no official confirmation on these. We really can't confirm they are 100% correct

A Guy

Reactions: Stitches1974

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Most of the KZ codes are here

The thing is, we have no official confirmation on these. We really can't confirm they are 100% correct

A Guy
Gotcha.

Thread I got the KZLD info from. Guy says he has a dealer login info, but like you said, no hard proof.

What does KZLD mean?

·
Registered
14,423 Posts
You can use this link later to check on your build, when the build sheet appears the car is built, when the window sticker appears it is status KZ and ready to ship.

COMPLETE VIN

ALL CAPS

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
719 Posts
I know these are very different times...

When I ordered my SRT in 2015 I just figured it will get here when it get's here...It would be like a belated birthday present...

If I remember, 8 weeks...

·
Registered
14,423 Posts
My 2016 was only 35 days but no Upfitter needed and yes, very different times.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

221 - 240 of 244 Posts