Dodge Challenger Forum banner

161 - 180 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
My car is in D1 status I called dealer to see if I could add option..I was told no is that correct. .A buddy told me backup camera was a must ..having second thoughts. .

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ordered 4/28
Was in D status May 1.
Can Dealer still make a change to the order at D status?
Trying to get an option deleted.

UPDATE:
VIN was issued in D status
Regional Rep deleted Sunroof 5/5
Checked with SRT 5/7 confirmed deletion
Scheduled to be built week of 6/1

·
Registered
692 Posts
My car is in D1 status I called dealer to see if I could add option..I was told no is that correct. .A buddy told me backup camera was a must ..having second thoughts. .
If you really want to change something, tell your dealer to cancel the order and start over. I did. The way these things are being built (slowly) it should make any difference on delivery time, etc.. Get it the way you want it...you only get one chance!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Once your car has a vin (D1), no changes can be made to it. If you caught it at D status, you could have added an option to it.
I just looked at my POC. I changed my options 3 days after I got my VIN. My dealer screwed up and opted for SPAG, which I didn't want. He deleted it with no problem.

I think a lot of this stuff has to do with your dealership...what they're willing to do for you...and how honest and upfront they are about the process...and their knowledge of the process. I wanted the Shaker Strip delete...my salesdork said it couldn't be done. If the Dodge website had the Scat Shakers in the Build & Price menu at that time I would have known better. Now they tell me they will remove it for me if I want. But I could have saved $500.00 with the delete option!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer.
My SRT is scheduled to ship 6/3.
Not bad. Ordered 4/28 ship 6/3 should get it before 6/10.
Only going from Brampton to NJ.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I tried to use this link : http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/...CDZFJ0FH818956 and entered the VIN thats on my order sheet from the dealer but it comes back saying no VIN in their system. I ordered my first ever challenger RT on 06/02/15 and havent heard anything back since. I've bugged the dealers for info but they said they havent had any. Its been about 10 weeks now. Anyone have any info that can help me out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
I tried to use this link : http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/...CDZFJ0FH818956 and entered the VIN thats on my order sheet from the dealer but it comes back saying no VIN in their system. I ordered my first ever challenger RT on 06/02/15 and havent heard anything back since. I've bugged the dealers for info but they said they havent had any. Its been about 10 weeks now. Anyone have any info that can help me out?
I also ordered an RT recently. If you can't get any info from your sales person go to DODGE.com website, look for the "CONTACT US" link (at the very bottom center of the page) . Clink the link then click the "LIVE CHAT" link. If you give the rep the last 8 digits of your VIN #, he will get you the order status code. I tried it yesterday. I'm in a D1 status

·
Registered
7 Posts
Will I GET MY CAR IN 6-8 WEEKS OR WAS I LIED TO?

I've been receiving some conflicting news regarding a recent RT PLUS order. I went to dealer #1 and he told me that if I ordered a 2015 RT PLUS, I wouldn't receive it until at least Thanksgiving. So I then went to dealer #2 and he told me I would see the car in 6-8 weeks. So I placed the order with dealer #2 on 7/20. On 7/30 I received a POC with a VIN number and a status of D1 and an estimated ship date of 8/15. As of yesterday, the staus is still D1. Is this normal? How long does an order typically stay in a D1 status?

Just yesterday dealer #1 call me to follow up and told me that dealer #2 "took me out of the market" and that I will be getting excuses along the way and that I will not get the car in 6-8 weeks and lucky if I get it by Thanksgiving.

Who do you think is right. Did the dealer #2 lie to me to get an order?

·
Registered
23 Posts
waiting on my order email from the factory..?

i ordered an 2016 scat on Jan 8th, it's Feb 8th now, but no email yet.

Q. generally how long from when you place an order, to when you receive the 1st email from the factory?

The dealer says 6-8 weeks for delivery... Can anyone say with any experience the timeline of how a factory order is processed?

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
I never got any emails this time on my order like I did two years ago with my 14. Not sure if this is a new change or mine just got lost in the shuffle but anyway, here is the timeline on my 16:

12/19 Ordered
12/22 D
01/09 D1
01/16 Built
01/18 I
01/21 KZ
01/22 Shipped
02/02 Delivered

So, 46 days order to delivery including the 11 days Brampton was closed for Christmas, pretty fast service if you ask me.

Call your dealer and he should be able to give you your VIN and vehicle status in no time, once you get your VIN you can call SRT for updates at 1-855-SRT-TEAM (778-8326).

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 211 Posts
About this Discussion
210 Replies
124 Participants
Toddsnake
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing