Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
door panel molding cracked Is there anybody with this same problem?
Chrysler refuses to warranty the molding on top of the door panel pass side:notallthere:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I just picked mine up from the dealership 20 minutes ago. They fixed this same problem (along with many others). I dont know why your dealer is saying otherwise but it is a common problem and IS covered under warranty.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
door panel molding cracked Is there anybody with this same problem?
Chrysler refuses to warranty the molding on top of the door panel pass side:notallthere:
WTF!!! There is a damn tech bulletin on this!! I have replaced a ton of them for the same problem under warranty. The door pannel needs to come off and the little strip replaced. That dealer IMO sucks if they dont know about it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Find a different dealer to give your business to!

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
395 Posts
Got to separate the corporation from the dealer. I've had dealers insist things weren't covered and had other dealers say no problem. I had a service writer at my (now closed) local Jeep store insist he'd never seen a Cherokee door jamb crack around the hinge and that Chrysler would not let him fix it. Another dealer's service dept told me they'd fixed a bunch of them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Called the 800# dealer took pictures sent it to Chrysler got a claim # and a rep, they refused to warranty it, till this day they have not called me back bought the car in Florida drove the car back to New York brought to a dealer close by he took dig photos told me Chrysler refused to warranty it, It only had 2500 miles on it and 1350 was from fl to ny claim# 20174883 whats my next step? lawyer?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Called the 800# dealer took pictures sent it to Chrysler got a claim # and a rep, they refused to warranty it, till this day they have not called me back bought the car in Florida drove the car back to New York brought to a dealer close by he took dig photos told me Chrysler refused to warranty it, It only had 2500 miles on it and 1350 was from fl to ny claim# 20174883 whats my next step? lawyer?
Try another dealer and see what they say, if they say no. Maybe it is time for a lawyer.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
if they refuse a 15$ part what else are they going to not cover
You shouldn't have to do this, but just go to another dealer. It doesn't even have to be a dodge dealer, as Chrysler/Jeep dealers are authorized to perform warranty repairs also. If you continue to have problems, let me know.

·
Registered
954 Posts
they fixed mine with no problem,its a simple fix.you can pull that strip out by gently lifting up on the door panel,its a little cheap piece of plastic.apparently had a bad batch or something cause there have been a bunch of them replaced,your dealer is incorrect it is a warranty item

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks I will give them a call 1 more time with this info and see if they will fix it I am dealing with Chrysler not the dealer he will fix it if Chrysler will pay for it

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
If the vehicle is within the basic warranty coverage period it should be a lay-down deal.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Here is the tech tip.............

:lol:

You beat me to it. Dealerconnect is a wonderful thing.

IF you have access.........:browsmiley:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how do I get access to dealer connect. Chrysler is the one not living up to there product

1 - 20 of 30 Posts