Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Here's the skinny on this. If there is a failure of any part on the car and it's within the warranty period, they have to fix it. The only way they can deny the claim is, if the car was damaged and repaired previously or modified. Even then they must prove the damage/repair or modification directly caused or collaterally damaged the parts in question. I call :icon_bs: on this dealer, find another.
As stated on previous posts, a dealer is not Dodge it's just a representative of the manufacturer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
OK will go to another dealer but Chrysler them selfs at the 800# told me that they dont see that there is a defect in there part (meaning the crack molding on top of the door panel) and that Iam on my own with this I told them that on the forum there are a number of cars that has this problem and they denied it, and also went as far to say if I go to a diffrent dealer it still wont be coverd case closed the disision stops at didital imageing

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Wow, sounds like a bunch of idiots working for Chrysler now. I personally have replaced 10-20 of these little strips on the doors. If I was still working for Chrysler that number would be doubled. I dont even know why there were pictures taken and sent to Chrysler in the first place since this is a very well known problem. Even Chrysler knows about it because of the little tech tip telling the dealer not to replace the door pannel but to replace the STRIP ON THE DOOR PANNEL!!!! At this point, the dealer and the guy at Chrysler is an idiot!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK will go to another dealer but Chrysler them selfs at the 800# told me that they dont see that there is a defect in there part (meaning the crack molding on top of the door panel) and that Iam on my own with this I told them that on the forum there are a number of cars that has this problem and they denied it, and also went as far to say if I go to a diffrent dealer it still wont be coverd case closed the disision stops at didital imageing
kept calling, be a pain in the neck. maybe try and find a car on a lot with the same problem. the dealer should be a little bit more helpful to. im also from long island, what dealer did you bring it to. the service department at riverhead dodge is great, maybe try bringing it there.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The Service tech at Alhambra Chrysler (So. Cal.) Took the part number and ordered it for me. He first asked me if I tinted my windows. I said NO, I never have tinted anything pertaining to glass so it's not that. I then asked him to go on Chrysler connect and see for himself. Things went better after that.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had no issue getting mine fixed, but I was P-d when I noticed it was cracked

·
Registered
13 Posts
are we talking about the rubber molding against the window on top of the door panel??? if so i just recently had mine replaced by a dodge dealer about a month or so ago with NO PROBLEM...I agree with everyone, if your car is under the manufacture warranty and not the extended, you should NOT have any problems what so ever...it doesnt matter if the cost of the part is 15 bucks or 150..you shouldnt have to pay for something that is under warranty! I would definately consider going to another dealer, i didnt have to call chrysler to see if they would pay for it, i just went to dodge... let us know how it goes...RAISE HELL!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes that is the piece we are talking about.

I brought mine to the dealer, the lady looked at it, looked at my milage, looked at the condition of the door, and said "theres no way you did that when can you drop it off or do you want to wait?"

I was 100% happy with my dealer so far.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts