Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2013 SRT8 with a Chrysler 90/3K warranty. Front passenger shock is weeping oil - not a warranty item. Dealer quote for the two front shocks replacemeant and alignment is 4500$. I went ballistic. Unacceptable cost and repair on a vehicle I just purchased. The dealer felt bad and somehow hit up a Chrysler regional manager or some sort for a dealer good-will help from corporate. Chrysler agreed to pay for the whole repair with a 900 deductible........ so I have a new front end with the sport mode actuated shocks for 900. Thank you, Chrysler, for making it right. The car feels great now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of that is dealer prices..... the shock they were billing 1200 ea... you can get the same MOPAR shock for 550 from parts retailers. So there is that. These are actuated shocks that are part of the “sport” mode suspension selection. I am so glad they chose to basically cover it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
FCA gets a bad wrap sometimes about covering warranty items so glad to hear they stepped up when not required, although $900 is still pretty steep. On my ’15 SRT, I had a rear CV boot fail and they replaced the entire half shaft under the powertrain warranty for me.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
I bought a 2013 SRT8 with a Chrysler 90/3K warranty. Front passenger shock is weeping oil - not a warranty item. Dealer quote for the two front shocks replacemeant and alignment is 4500$. I went ballistic. Unacceptable cost and repair on a vehicle I just purchased. The dealer felt bad and somehow hit up a Chrysler regional manager or some sort for a dealer good-will help from corporate. Chrysler agreed to pay for the whole repair with a 900 deductible........ so I have a new front end with the sport mode actuated shocks for 900. Thank you, Chrysler, for making it right. The car feels great now.
Hi PeteJE, That is fantastic to hear! Should this or anything else return in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Super Moderator
15,091 Posts
Lots of that is dealer prices..... the shock they were billing 1200 ea... you can get the same MOPAR shock for 550 from parts retailers. So there is that. These are actuated shocks that are part of the “sport” mode suspension selection. I am so glad they chose to basically cover it.
It was good you pushed back - even with high markup on the shocks...
the labor / hours they were charging was over the top, to have over $2k in labor / alignment for the front end

1 - 7 of 7 Posts