Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
considering chevy is on the road back, and ford posted profits in the black, i wonder what chrysler hasn't figured out yet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They could release the new model years just like all other manufacturers. 2011's just now hitting lots!!!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
considering chevy is on the road back, and ford posted profits in the black, i wonder what chrysler hasn't figured out yet.
Chrysler still hasn't caught on to what customers demand: quality, mileage & service.

While Ford & Chevy have vehicles included on the top end of reliability lists alongside euros & ricers, Chrysler continues to be dead last.
Additionally, the other two companies are offering econo-boxes that are impressing the masses, while Chrysler doesn't even have a concept car to present.
I need not describe the mafia style tactics that some forum members have had to endure while purchasing their vehicles or seeking to have them serviced.

IMO if Chrysler is to be saved, it'll be Fiat vehicles & design that'll do it. I'm simply being realistic about it. :indifferent:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can think of one thing...blowing of your customer base when they have a concern. I've gotten better customer service from Brampton Builder and Resume Speed than Dodge's actual customer service and a factory rep. :) :notallthere:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I can't understand why the american car companies don't improve their warranty periods. I think that is alot of the problem!!! A company like hyundai thats been around for 20 years can offer 10 years and 100,000 miles on their cars but ford, gm and chrysler still only offer 3yr 36,000 miles, and they have been around for alot longer. It's only the last couple of years that they have improved their warranties to 5yr 50,000miles, but that still doesn't compare to the hyundai deal. when i bought this car it came with a lifetime warranty on the motor and transmission, which was great but it's non transferrable which sucks and that was only on the R/T's. they didn't even offer that for the SRT owners. Then in 2010 they take away the lifetime warranty and make it 100,000 miles. HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT STANDING BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT!!!! If the japs can do it, we should be able to as well. Do you blame someone for buying a japanese import with no worries about something breaking cause it will be covered, over an american car where everything breaks down after 36,000 miles and then your screwed. If you didnt pay close to $2,000 for an extended warranty nowyou have to pay $4,000 for a cigarette lighter. alright i'm exaggerating, but you get my point.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I need them to stay solvent at least another 3 years- - until my warranty runs out.

The more I read on here though, the more I'm concerned about Chrysler even wanting to MAKE the warranty repairs- -

Also, I think anyone associated with design and assembly of plastic components on this car should take a pay CUT!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It came out today that Chrysler had a 23% increase in car/truck sales this January over January last year. They also gave their employees a bonus: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110131/OEM/110139998/1250/RETAIL01 There is some good reading in that article.

Interest payments to the government are keeping the profits down. When they are paid off they'll be doing much better, profit-wise. And the new models have been getting primarily excellent reviews.

They're coming back!

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Considering the 2011's are late to arrive I think they did pretty good with the 23% increase in Jan sales reported today.

I helped them out in Nov. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Chrysler is doing OK. Looking at the NY dealers - this horrible weather is moving alot of grand cherokees for example.

Word on some auto blogs is that GM is inflating their numbers by pushing alot of cars into their dealer network, way more then the normal sales channels can actually move - and then will turn around and provide incentive money to the dealers to move them - what the hell, its taxpayer money anyway.

With this devastating weather hitting so much of the country, car sales aren't going to exhibit any normal patterns until March or April.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I can't understand why the american car companies don't improve their warranty periods. I think that is alot of the problem!!! A company like hyundai thats been around for 20 years can offer 10 years and 100,000 miles on their cars but ford, gm and chrysler still only offer 3yr 36,000 miles, and they have been around for alot longer. It's only the last couple of years that they have improved their warranties to 5yr 50,000miles, but that still doesn't compare to the hyundai deal. when i bought this car it came with a lifetime warranty on the motor and transmission, which was great but it's non transferrable which sucks and that was only on the R/T's. they didn't even offer that for the SRT owners. Then in 2010 they take away the lifetime warranty and make it 100,000 miles. HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT STANDING BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT!!!! If the japs can do it, we should be able to as well. Do you blame someone for buying a japanese import with no worries about something breaking cause it will be covered, over an american car where everything breaks down after 36,000 miles and then your screwed. If you didnt pay close to $2,000 for an extended warranty nowyou have to pay $4,000 for a cigarette lighter. alright i'm exaggerating, but you get my point.
I agree. In 2007, I very much wanted to purchase a new HHR or PT Cruiser as a daily driver. The reason I purchased a Hyundai was because of better reliability, gas mileage & warranty. I considered the "buy American" mantra, but decided that if American manufacturers won't offer decent bait, then I won't bite.

I'm certain you didn't intend it as such, but I wish to point out that "jap" is considered a derogatory term. :(

It came out today that Chrysler had a 23% increase in car/truck sales this January over January last year. They also gave their employees a bonus: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110131/OEM/110139998/1250/RETAIL01 There is some good reading in that article.

Interest payments to the government are keeping the profits down. When they are paid off they'll be doing much better, profit-wise. And the new models have been getting primarily excellent reviews.

They're coming back!
The first couple of years of a redesign usually see sales increases & Fiat/Chrysler has redesigned/updated 11 models in 18 months. Hopefully well enough for increased sales to continue.

If interest payments were keeping Chrysler's profits down, GM would be feeling the same effects. They're very much on the other end of the spectrum though.

Let's keep in mind that in 2009, the big three had combined total sales of 12 million units. Chrysler had fewer than 1 million of that. They're huge problem is lack of sales/market share.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Word on some auto blogs is that GM is inflating their numbers by pushing alot of cars into their dealer network, way more then the normal sales channels can actually move - and then will turn around and provide incentive money to the dealers to move them - what the hell, its taxpayer money anyway.
I would be interested in seeing something that confirms this assumption. If this were true, they wouldn't have the funds with which they've been repaying the government loans.

I find it concerning that Fiat/Chrysler/Dodge(Jeep) made only 36k-38k 2010 Challengers & there are quite a few still sitting on lots. :disgust:

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Point is
Chrysler came out of BK last year and to meet those Numbers should be no problem from last years numbers
Most people that bought Gms and Chryslers were from cash for clunkers
And last year (2010} Chrysler were giving their cars and trucks away with the biggest rebates(No money being made}
i have seen mostly Chryslers at Hertz so that help with the numbers.
Chrysler is looking for another long term loan with the Gov for new engine technogy....

All that said
I think the only way chrysler will do better with their numbers is to give bigger rebates.............................JQ

·
Registered
683 Posts
I would be interested in seeing something that confirms this assumption. If this were true, they wouldn't have the funds with which they've been repaying the government loans.

I find it concerning that Fiat/Chrysler/Dodge(Jeep) made only 36k-38k 2010 Challengers & there are quite a few still sitting on lots. :disgust:
You sort of have to piece it together from stories on their inventory levels, and stories like the one below about their incentive levels increasing. Essentially, they are buying market share with taxpayer money - that's really what is going on with GM right now. They are trying to "get fat" in terms of market share while they are still on the government's dime, I imagine in anticipation of returning to actually being a real company someday soon that has to balance costs and profits - they want to capture share while they can.

GM, Toyota raise U.S. auto incentives, boosting industry sale | The Salt Lake Tribune

·
Registered
683 Posts
Point is
Chrysler came out of BK last year and to meet those Numbers should be no problem from last years numbers
Most people that bought Gms and Chryslers were from cash for clunkers
And last year (2010} Chrysler were giving their cars and trucks away with the biggest rebates(No money being made}
i have seen mostly Chryslers at Hertz so that help with the numbers.
Chrysler is looking for another long term loan with the Gov for new engine technogy....

All that said
I think the only way chrysler will do better with their numbers is to give bigger rebates.............................JQ
Its hard to assess how well (or badly) Chrysler will do until all the new models come online, and this insane weather clears up.

·
Banned
165 Posts

The Challenger is a niche market. With gas prices above $3, expect those cars to sit on the lots for a while longer.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Just paid $4.03 91 optaine today
prices per gallon is going up and not down
Yes as gas goes higher you will see alllll V8s sitting on dealer lots..............JQ

1 - 20 of 24 Posts