·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,817 Posts
I think it's a great idea! Unfortunately, I flip my cars way to often lately to ever have 100,000 miles on them. I'm contemplating selling my '11 GWE SRT.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Would be cool if they did it in Canada, But i don't believe they do. Here we go again...getting shafted.. Im at almost 70k on mine. Purchased at 19. Had it for two years.

Shifty

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
100,000 miles on a regularly maintained vehicle isn't a big deal at all today. I'd say anything over 250,000 deserves recognition.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
100,000 miles on a regularly maintained vehicle isn't a big deal at all today. I'd say anything over 250,000 deserves recognition.
I tend to agree.. however, with that being said not that many folks keep their cars long enough to see them go over 250,000 miles. So having a program for 250k or more wouldn't really be much of a program.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
It was kind of a dream for me to get my car in the first place. I intent to keep it as long as it runs. Then, I'll get a second hand SRT8 or something. :icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I tend to agree.. however, with that being said not that many folks keep their cars long enough to see them go over 250,000 miles. So having a program for 250k or more wouldn't really be much of a program.
I agree that 250,00 is a lot but if you're going to hand out awards for something it should be for something significant. Like Suburu gives out emblems that say how many Suburus you've owned... like BFD, who cares?

The program is open to first or second owners. From the article:

"The only stipulations are that you currently own the vehicle, be the first or second owner of it, and you must have owned the vehicle for at least one year. "

·
Registered
387 Posts
The Challenger is not really a car that people are going to put a lot of mileage on. I'm sure there are some on this forum with 100K or more...but it's probably a low percentage compared to other car models.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Given the luxury of time I think I could join the 100,000+ mile realm with no problem. 4 years but only 35k right now. Very much looking forward to the time when I can retire and devote more to the only real "hobby" I have which is driving. Then my goal will be 250,000 if they still make 93 octane dinosaur byproducts..............

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree that 250,00 is a lot but if you're going to hand out awards for something it should be for something significant. Like Suburu gives out emblems that say how many Suburus you've owned... like BFD, who cares?

The program is open to first or second owners. From the article:

"The only stipulations are that you currently own the vehicle, be the first or second owner of it, and you must have owned the vehicle for at least one year. "

In the light of our out with the old and in with the new throw away society someone owning a vehicle long enough to drive it 100k is good. Yea, I realize it can also be owner #2 or someone that has the car over a year. I guess I look at it that it is a neat little momento that a large corporation is willing to give out free of charge.

Granted, the percentage of Challenger owners that will drive their cars over 100k is probably small... I just figured I'd post it here since a good percentage of Challenger owners are loyal Chrysler product owners and might also have other Chrysler products they use as daily drivers.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a lifetime powertrain warranty. I should hit the mark in 4-5 years. I plan on keeping it as long as it is running with no major electrical demons

1 - 12 of 12 Posts