Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler's superbowl ad was terrific! I wanted to pull my black SRT8 out on the driveway like a flag of support. (I didn't because it was snowing again).
:)

·
Registered
653 Posts
You mean the one with eminem in the 200?

·
Registered
683 Posts
The VW ad with the darth vader kid was the best ad. 16M views on youtube, a Today show segment, etc. This Eminem ad was nothing special.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes, em was the driver, touring the city
It was ok. Wish they had used a Challenger though :thumbsup:
My friends both said that it was kinda like they were trying to make you think Em drives a 200. Guess it's just the beginning of the new Chrysler and more is yet to come.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I thought it was great. Gave me pride and hope for not only the company workers, but for Detroit and the US. It was one of the few non-silly ads.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,804 Posts
I liked the connection to the Motor City. Watch any movie from the 60's or 70's and look at the cars. Probably 96% of them came from one of the big auto makers based in Detroit. We're in a whole different place now but sometimes I wonder what would happen if people decided to take a step back and give the big three a chance. I've bought my share of foreign cars, but no more. I just wish there were many more people out there that feel like me. To be completely honest, I'm not really thrilled about Dodge building cars in CA when there are so many people here out of work. Anyway, the commercial makes me feel a connection to our heritage. One that I'd very much like to see come back.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Wrong car. Throw the Cahllenger in there and it makes it a lot more interesting

·
Registered
653 Posts
I liked the connection to the Motor City. Watch any movie from the 60's or 70's and look at the cars. Probably 96% of them came from one of the big auto makers based in Detroit. We're in a whole different place now but sometimes I wonder what would happen if people decided to take a step back and give the big three a chance. I've bought my share of foreign cars, but no more. I just wish there were many more people out there that feel like me. To be completely honest, I'm not really thrilled about Dodge building cars in CA when there are so many people here out of work. Anyway, the commercial makes me feel a connection to our heritage. One that I'd very much like to see come back.
Exactly. I'm pretty much going to be staying loyal to Mopar for life. I'll buy other cars in addition to them but I'll never not own a Dodge.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Wrong car. Throw the Cahllenger in there and it makes it a lot more interesting
Have you seen this DirecTV commercial?
You can see a Challenger from :07-:09. Can't tell what model but other people are using them in their commercials.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That Chrysler/Detroit ad had some legs. The did a nice feature on it on the NBC nightly news tonight. It seems the Darth Vader ad wasn't the only one to go viral. Plus the Chrysler ad had a heck of a message to it, whereas the VW ad was just cute.

I'm sure they featured the 200 as that's the new model they'll be pushing. They'll move a lot more of them than Challengers (good for us!).

Bill

·
Registered
15 Posts
And the fact that the Challenger is made in Ontario, not Detroit. Would have killed the "Imported from Detroit" ad slogan.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
The marketing was spot on the 200 is the volume car Chrysler is trying to push. The message was powerful too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
January 21st my Volkswagen was totaled by an SUV. My wife, born and breed in Detroit, begged me to get an American made car. I told her there was really only one American made car (technically Canadian made, but UAW approved) I was interested in. I picked up my insurance check at 3:15 today and had purchased a 2010 Rallye by 5:00. This commercial made me proud to have purched an "American" car. It really moved me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very poor choice for a spokesman if you ask me. It surprised me so much I couldn't even concentrate on the commercial.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I agree with the other posters. If that commerical had a challenger in it, it would've much better. I really didn't like it that much. Thought the Darth Vader and the Doritos when the guys grandpa came back to life were the best

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I, too, felt the Chrysler commercial had a powerful message and tone to it, but it just seemed really mismatched for the car that was featured. I mean- all this hubbub over a 200?...this is the car that is going to save Detroit? Really?! Ok, it's a hyper-optimistic view for a new model, but even if it does save Detroit, who would care?

The Challenger would seem to fill the shoes better for something that makes you pound your chest with Americana pride, but it would ring hollow as a savior for Detroit, since it gets assembled in, what, Canada?

So it just seemed like an awesome commercial with a glaring lack of a car with a larger-than-life, yet made in Detroit, profile.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts