Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I certainly didn't mean it that way. People of Detroit would certainly care to save the city. What I meant (albeit, poorly worded to be more explicit) was how long would people remember the 200 as the car that saved Detroit? It just seems like such a nondescript car to even make a difference in auto history (but maybe I'm just not seeing what is so great about "this" car).

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I just saw the ad run again (Wed. 2/9). They shortened it and left out Eminem and the choir at the end. They kept most of the same scenes and just upped the pace a bit - the theme is the same. I think it's a great ad and I'm glad they are continuing to run it. I think the original was two minutes long and this revision seemed to be one minute.

I can see Chrysler using a serious new ad to push their new 200. Mid-sized models are the bread and butter of a car company and Chrysler really needs sales there. Plus, they couldn't run the Challenger, new Charger or new 300 in the ad as they are made across the lake in Canada.

They were discussing the ad on talk radio this afternoon and complimenting it's patriotism. Though it didn't get as many YouTube hits as Darth Vader, it's message is much more powerful.

Bill

·
Registered
46 Posts
I thought the Chrysler add was very moving, it did make me feel proud to own American made cars.
But in the end, its always the funny adds with no real message that win all the views.... like this Darth Vader add... What was VW trying to advertise anyway? Was a new model car that looks like all the other models? Or the fact that they finally caught up with the times and have remote engine starters now? Hell, Chrysler has had those since 2007 :icon_rolleyes:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts