Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
877 Posts
I love the smell of pipe tobacco! :p
Me, too. I need to break mine out. Far, far less complaints about my pipe than even a really good cigar ... not that I don't enjoy an occasional Partagas or Arturo Fuente.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,183 Posts
It wouldn't bother me unless they smoked pot in it...

• Haha
Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
Me, too. I need to break mine out. Far, far less complaints about my pipe than even a really good cigar ... not that I don't enjoy an occasional Partagas or Arturo Fuente.
Yep, pipe smell first.
Fine, hand rolled cigar second.
Only outdoors for me. Like to keep it out of the house. That's what back porches are for. IMO! ;)

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
544 Posts
thanks everyone, I have made my mind up and decided to pass on it!
You made the right choice. Hang tight, the right car with the right price will find it’s way to you. I know it

I passed on a lot of Scat Packs that I thought at the time “was a good deal”. Glad I passed on them as they would’ve turned out to be horrible deals. Eventually I found the right car and got a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How well does the products on the shelf do at getting the smoke smell out of a vehicle? I am thinking about purchasing a vehicle and that is the biggest concern I have. I do not smoke, or else I am sure it would not bother me as much. I am not saying anything negative about those that do, I just want to make sure that I will be happy with what I am purchasing or should I pass?

any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Mike
easy fix. biobombs.com has a kit for auto. works amazing. destroys any odor cigarettes and pot included. $15 bucks

·
Registered
351 Posts
About 31 or 32 years ago when I was gifted my 69 Charger by my former mother-in-law, the car reeked of cigarettes and the the dash pad a greasy residue it as well as the back seat and package shelf. I used Murphy's Oil Soap to clean the interior and that pretty well did the trick in removing the greasy film and dealing with the cigarette odor. Both of my former in-laws were smokers and I even left the burn mark in the passenger side seat cushion left by former father in-law resting his hand there while holding a lit cigarette. I even used Murphy's to get all of the black scum and residue out of the ash tray. It took several applications as I remember to thoroughly clean the interior and the original interior and carpeting are still in the car.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
877 Posts

·
Registered
2013 R/T
230 Posts
Don't know about a car that has been smoked in for years but we used to smoke my moms car up with Ciggs and pot and she would park it out in the hot Florida sun with windows down and it worked.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You just made some tobacco industry PR guy very happy. ;)

Great picture! Hey ... I survived riding in the back seat with no seat belt while breathing my dad's King Edwards and my mom's Winstons. Not to mention ... drinking out of a hose every day.
I grew-up inhaling secondhand smoke, smoked a pipe from time to time, began smoking cigarettes at 14 with nary an issue. I'm 58 now, lungs are clear. Knock on wood...

·
Registered
564 Posts
It wouldn't bother me unless they smoked pot in it...
As long as it was not Snoop Dogg's or Cheech N Chong's car, I would not worry about that.

I dare you to try to get the pizza smell out of a car that was used for hardcore delivery use. We used to fight over delivering Anchovy Pies, no one wanted those in their vehicles

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,183 Posts
As long as it was not Snoop Dogg's or Cheech N Chong's car, I would not worry about that.

I dare you to try to get the pizza smell out of a car that was used for hardcore delivery use. We used to fight over delivering Anchovy Pies, no one wanted those in their vehicles
Now a good pizza has to have anchovies on it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Now a good pizza has to have anchovies on it.
I never judged people on their pizza toppings. Anchovies smelled bad in the car, and tasted like someone poured a saltshaker on the pizza. Not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
A buddy of mine as a hearse that was retired in the 90's and it still smells like flowers.

·
Super Moderator
17,261 Posts
probably the way to do it
is remove the seats and clean all carpeting with a steam / extractor machine

and then run an ozone machine to get the odor out of the headliner

then clean the seats - and even more so important with cloth or alcantara which are porous materials

that sticky / tarry residue deposits as a film on surfaces - a car closed up on a hot day and it will have that stale odor of a smoker's car

every hard surface would need to be thoroughly cleaned as well

·
Registered
13 Posts
My car smelled of smoker residue when I purchased it.
Automotive tire Font Automotive wheel system Camera lens Rim

This stuff took it away, along with a new cabin filter. It really worked surprisingly well.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
754 Posts
Agree with the others, I wouldn't buy it if it belonged to a regular smoker. I see too many in their car driving down the road smoking with their windows up 🤨

My Wife smokes but she never smokes in the house and only in the car on a long trip and then she opens the window and blows the smoke out and only takes a few drags. So that would be ok but you don't know how they smoked in it.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts