Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 09 srt8 keeps popping a ck eng light on, but goes out a day after or a few drives later....anyone know y this is happening?

·
Registered
191 Posts
You need to have the code read before anyone here would be able to tell you anything

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks man, i havent got to the dealer to get code read bc most of the time on the way or when i actually get the chance to go it has already gone out

·
Premium Member
431 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
you can get it read at autozone or advance auto parts. The code readers will be able to read the history. The light doesn't have to be on.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
you can get it read at autozone or advance auto parts. The code readers will be able to read the history. The light doesn't have to be on.
You should be able to get the codes without going to the parts store. The codes should be non volitile and still be there useing the EVIC or the proceedures in the 100 tips listed above.

·
Super Moderator
13,867 Posts
You have to read the code first to identify the source of the problem. The most common cause of engine codes is a gas cap that is not sealing properly. My replacement Stant locking cap caused the computer to throw a code. After replacing the locking cap with the original factory cap, it went away.

Here is a great site to identify your codes after they are read:

http://www.obd-codes.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts