Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lurk on several Challenger Concept related boards and saw an interesting claim over on dodgechallenger.com about the new challenger being limited production, 2 year run maybe 7000 units per year, designed to compete with the Shelby. It sounds 95% likely BS to me. Even DCXs own poll listed a 6 sp v6 base platform which would never be offered if this were the case. Has anyone here heard anything from a DCX rep (even off the record) or another reliable source that indicates the car may be limited production? All signs I've seen point to long running, high production. Thanks.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Nope, can't see it happening. Dodge already has the Viper as its limited-production car. I'm sure (I'm hoping, at least) that Dodge has seen Ford sell over 100,000 Mustangs a year - over half of those are V6s. That's the exact same formula that Dodge needs to do with the Challenger that's worked for Ford for the last few decades - offer a base V6 model for the secretaries and the rental fleets, then a V8 for us motorheads. Do that and they can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Yankee said:
Nope, can't see it happening. Dodge already has the Viper as its limited-production car. I'm sure (I'm hoping, at least) that Dodge has seen Ford sell over 100,000 Mustangs a year - over half of those are V6s. That's the exact same formula that Dodge needs to do with the Challenger that's worked for Ford for the last few decades - offer a base V6 model for the secretaries and the rental fleets, then a V8 for us motorheads. Do that and they can't go wrong.
What he said.:D Even if they don't offer a V6 I hope that the base model is a 5.7.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts