Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This is to any Challenger owners that Live near mid Michigan. I would love for someone to get a hemi orange 69-71 challenger to our car show at Northwood University this Fall. If anyone is interested please let me know!
Will you please start your OWN thread and not hijack this one with non-relevant topic ! You have this whole Classic section for that , aside MY thread on Classic Challengers in Movies ! Thank You !

·
Registered
53 Posts
I believe the one with Charlie Sheen was called Wraith and i think he drove a modified daytona or conquest also??? Lets not forget about the Challenger in The 2nd fast and furious movie. In the old tv series Mannox, did he drive a Cuda or a Challenger??? There is also a segment in Chips where they are trying to pull over a kid in a red challenger for speeding, it was an SE (had a small back window)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I thought Death Proof was awful. In addition to the poorly cloned R/T and the ignorant stereotyping of the Challenger owner, the scenes that featured the Challenger were ridiculous, at best. Who cares if the cars are cool, if the "chase" scenes have bimbos flopped all over the hood while the car is moving? I don't. Other than a few good lines of dialog when the women were discussing the original movies, it was a total waste of film and vehicles. Sorry.

7,359 Posts
Termanial Velocity was the Sheen film and the car used was Sarafians kids car from Vanishing point..
Vanishing point the original of coarse and on the Beverly Hillbillys Ms Jane drove a blue challenger convertible in many episodes. I think Mike Brady had a Challenger as well but the more I think about it it may have been a Satilite.

The dukesof Hazzard they had a yellow challenger in a season or two I think Daisy drove it ,I know she had a white jeep but I remember a yellow challenger as well.

Natural Born Killers Features a red 70 Challenger R/T convertible

I believe the one with Charlie Sheen was called Wraith and i think he drove a modified daytona or conquest also??? Lets not forget about the Challenger in The 2nd fast and furious movie. In the old tv series Mannox, did he drive a Cuda or a Challenger??? There is also a segment in Chips where they are trying to pull over a kid in a red challenger for speeding, it was an SE (had a small back window)

·
Registered
104 Posts
i dont know the name of the movie but charlie sheen was driving a whit e challenger in some older movie if anyone knows what it is please post cause i never saw the whole thing just towards the end there was some great driving scenes:ugh2:
I don't remember a movie with Charlie Sheen driving a Challenger, but Barry Newman drove a white Challenger R/T in the cult classic "Vanishing Point":

Vanishing Point (1971)

I own the black (originally Sub-Lime Green) Challenger convertible seen at the beginning of "The Legend of Billie Jean":

The Legend of Billie Jean (1985)

XS

Attachments

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I know you said movies, but there was a short lived Fox T.V. show called "Drive"
that Nathan Fillion had an old Black Challenger with blue striping...show sucked but seeing the Challenger made it worth it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
In the Movie -"Born on the Fourth of July" with Tom Cruise.. he is driving a 1970 Challenger TA to a Bar.. it's a short clip as he arrives at the bar.. If I had not owned one, I never could have told you thats what it was..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mannix drove many Mopars...

Mannix drove a 'Cuda.
He drove a 68 Dart convertible
a 69 Dart convertible customized
a 70 'Cuda convertible
a 71 'Cuda convertible
and a 72 Barracuda convertible

Like many shows of the times, the sponsers would update the body for each model year during the shows run- Except on Mannix & The Brady Bunch- ficticious convertibles for the 1972 model year show up.

There is a 72 Challenger convertible- it was in the 1972 season of The Mod Squad:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts