Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody,

well my challenger got hit.. I got screw by the insurance coz they will only pay 1000 bucks to fix it, which means cheapo bondo job.. the car is 2013 with 3,000 miles. so I dont like much the idea. the damage is in the picture and my thoughts where to buy the classic design concepts billboard flares and cover the damage. but i wanted to know before I dish 4k more of less for just the rears and paint and labor... etc.. what material are they ? quality ? fitment? anybody has them?

thanks!!

LOCKO

also anybody knows a decent good bodyshop in FLORIDA or GEORGIA or ANY STATE DOWN SOUTH.. im willing to drive as long as is a good quality work.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Do not let a body shop touch your car you will be disappointed in the long run, find someone who pulls out dents and then just do a touch up on scratches and a mild cleaner wax to take off the white paint on your car...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Sorry that your car got hit. A high end body shop can easily pull that out, skim coat it and paint it, you will never be able to tell the difference. Those Billboard Flairs will look goofy as hell unless you buy wider wheels and tires to go with it.

That insurance company is full of crap. They HAVE to pay whatever it will cost to fix the damage properly (minus your deductible if any). Take it to a high end body shop and make sure that they repair it properly and let them deal with the insurance company.

You also should pursue a diminished value claim right away, the value of your car just took a huge hit. Here's a big tip: use your state board of insurance if needed, talk about an about face from the insurance company once you file a claim. They'll make it right.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow, who do you have for insurance? I have one of the major companies and you just go get an estimate and its electronically sent to insurance co. and I pay the deductible and its done.....Sorry to hear that your goin thru all this trouble....Todays world every company wants to screw the little guy, oil,gas....med ins....

Q

·
0 Posts
Whatever direction you end up going; be sure to hit up the other insurance company for diminished value to your car. It should be a decent amount considering the age and likely low mileage of your car.

Hate to see any damage to a Challenger....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Q

·
0 Posts
Sorry that your car got hit. A high end body shop can easily pull that out, skim coat it and paint it, you will never be able to tell the difference. Those Billboard Flairs will look goofy as hell unless you buy wider wheels and tires to go with it.

That insurance company is full of crap. They HAVE to pay whatever it will cost to fix the damage properly (minus your deductible if any). Take it to a high end body shop and make sure that they repair it properly and let them deal with the insurance company.

You also should pursue a diminished value claim right away, the value of your car just took a huge hit. Here's a big tip: use your state board of insurance if needed, talk about an about face from the insurance company once you file a claim. They'll make it right.
Missed this reply!

+1!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Those wide body flares will look cheesy as hell (they are) unless you are going to drop it and spend plenty on wheels !

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies.. yeah my car took a value hit really high.. it had less than 4 months. and 3,000 miles.

how do i go to pursue the claim regarding the loss of value? the person that hit me she did an improper backing up and hit my car she has STATE FARM and I have Progressive. STate farm said is only 1000 dollars to fix it and went I went thru my insurance (progressive) they said they will raise my policy price montly and give me 1500 dollars to fix it. Its been a nightmare because every bodyshops wants the car ASAP but none wants to tell me how they will fix it before they do it. Most of the places here in South Florida suck..

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Take it to a reputable body shop and fix it correctly even if you have to pay for some of it yourself.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I would just have it repaired. Use a good shop. And if somebody hit you and we were not at fault, and their insurance company is giving you $hit, get your insurance company involved. They "your" lawyers battle it out with theirs....

I did that when my SRT10 Ram was nudged in the rear bumper. On the surface, it looked like a couple of small scratches and gouges in the rear bumper cover. Easy peasy, right? Well, 2 weeks later, one inner bumper support (hidden damages) and 2 cracks at matching the paint, all was well. Their insurance sucked it up and I was reimbursed 100% all costs, including a rental.

I was tad irked at my shop....previous service work proved flawless -- come to find out they didn't use the "A team". After a nice discussion with the shop manager, that tune was changed...

·
Registered
27 Posts
The wide body kit looks great, but you will definitely need the wider wheels. I have 10s on the front and 12s on the back.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts