Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could own any classic muscle car, for the years 1968-1971, which ones would you choose from each manufacturer for your dream car garage?

Here are my four picks:

MOPAR- 1971 Hemi 'Cuda (426)
GM- 1969 GTO Judge (400)
Ford- 1968 Mustang Mach 1 Cobra Jet (428)
AM- 1969 AMX (390)

What are yours?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
MOPAR- '70 Hemi Cuda (hard top)
GM- - '70 LS6 Chevelle (hard top)
FORD- '70 Boss 9
'69 AMX would have to be go-to choice for AM

We're dreamin right? :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Love a lot of old Mopar cars.......the 340 dart, Hemi Cuda......and then my favorites......the classic Road Runner from the late 1960s before big ugly 1970s silliness ruined them.......but my number 1 pick above anything else.

I'd love to get my hands on one of the two......just two 1969 ZL1 Corvettes.

One will likely never be available.....GM still owns it. The one that is in private hands.....if it ever goes up for sale likely fetches more $ than any Corvette ever has.

Here the real world...... though...... there are just so very many old muscle cars and pony cars that be cool to have in a Collection.....couldn't possibly name just 4.

The time frame you've given us......'68 to '71 leaves out a few.

I'd agree with your GTO pick if you'd allow me a '65-'67 time frame. Never much cared for what GM did to restyle the Tempest, Chevelle, Skylark and Cutlass in 1968. The earlier cars were better looking to my eye.

Your Mustang pick appeals to me ......though I'd sooner take the small block 302 BOSS version and while we're at it........the pony cars were never better than a fully optioned '69 Z/28.....those little Chevy 302 motors were fitted with every speed trick GM knew at the time. First Chevy with floating wrist pins, dual 4 barrel intakes were available and looked like too much breathing capacity for a small displacement engine......but then you realized the little mouse could roar with a bottom end capable of an unheard of high RPM....this was also the first car you could get other than the Corvette with 4 wheel disc brakes as a option from the General.

I'm rambling on.......now........no way I could pick an AMC even if required to.......I just never had enough imagination to see anything worthwhile in the virtual "Kelvinator" line up of American Automobiles.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Is this based on the assumption they are either mint condition survirors or fully correctly restored?

If so....

71 AAR 'Cuda

That's all I need.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
1971 Hemi 'Cuda 426

1969 Camaro Z28 RS 302

1969 Mustang Boss 429

1970 Mark Donohue-Edition AMC Javelin 360

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to set the mood...Here's my two favorite commercials from the muscle car era.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
980 Posts
Saw some great cars at a car show here in Germany last weekend. I would definitely take this one. It was for sale for 70k euro.

Would have taken any of these as well....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts