Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
The only one that I know of is from Chip Foose, it's suppose to be an adaptation of the rallye rim. Comes in 20", not sure about other sizes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Matter of opinion, but those do not look good in our sizes. Rallye wheels need to be a smaller diameter, and steel with beauty rings.

That way the chrome ring reflects the the D-shape opening and looks like a full circle.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Matter of opinion, but those do not look good in our sizes. Rallye wheels need to be a smaller diameter, and steel with beauty rings.

That way the chrome ring reflects the the D-shape opening and looks like a full circle.

They do look a little funky but they were as close as I could get to matching my '71.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
There is a company out there that makes great looking 20 inch versions of the snowflake and honeycomb wheels for the 70's Firebirds and Trans-ams...look really nice. These not so much...they are great looking wheels but don't really capture the rally II look.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes, they do need those beauty rings. Such an understated look but so perfect.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is a company out there that makes great looking 20 inch versions of the snowflake and honeycomb wheels for the 70's Firebirds and Trans-ams...look really nice. These not so much...they are great looking wheels but don't really capture the rally II look.
I'd be totally up for some snowflake and honeycomb designs that weren't too Pontiac.

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have an '18 with STP. That should work right?
Yes theoretically. I believe the STP brakes are the same as the RT brakes. So you should be able to get 17" rims over the front calipers, with some effort. I have 17's on my RT and I had to use 35mm spacer/adapters to keep them from hitting the caliper. But every wheel is different. I used Mopar factory steel wheels. The Year One wheels may not work. You never know. If you are really serious about it I would suggest at least calling them and talk to them about their wheel dimensions. And then maybe just buy one wheel and do test fittings with the spacers. And even if they work, balancing them can be tricky. It sucks that going down one inch is such a pain. And it sucks that no one makes decent looking 18" rallyes, but it is what it is. I don't have any regrets, I get lots of compliments and confused looks on my wheels lol. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
idahoprime
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing