Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my car last July in the dead summer. At that time I used Turtle wax ICE liquid wax to put a temporary coat on the front, top and rear of the car (until it cooled off a bit). During Thanksgiving vacation I did a full clay bar and two step sealant process. It turned out nothing short of amazing.

Products used: Meguiar's G1016 Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Duragloss 601 Polish bonding agent, Duragloss 105 Total Performance Polish. I also used Turtle wax ICE liquid wax on the decals, spoilers and plastic trim.

It took me about 9 hours total, lots of elbow grease and a few ibuprofen. :laugh2:

I am extremely pleased with the results and have never seen paint look so good! :grin2:

Attachments

Reactions: Triz

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Looks great! It's amazing how many people don't use clay, but it's the easiest part of the process and can yield huge results.

Reactions: Janson

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks amazing, nice job. I clay barred my B5 SP last week, and couldn't be happier with the result.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
What color is it supposed to be its too shiny ha-ha? Looks killer man.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
NICE JOB, I am going to do mine as so as I can find the time!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
typically clay my car twice a year although I missed my fall prep this year....clay is easy and well worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! Now off to enjoy for the day!!! >:):wink3:

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
...and now it's dirty LOL

Looks spectacular!!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you hand polish it or use a machine. I've been looking for a decent machine because I want to attempt a clay bar and then buff and polish once the snow is gone and warms up a little, the previous owner didn't seem to care much but I can't stand the swirl marks and want a glass like finish like you have achieved. Nice work!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Looks great !! You have a lot more skill and energy than
I do, the best thing I can do is never touch the paint on my car and pay someone who knows what they are doing to keep mine looking good ;)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Man that looks really good. I don't see any orange peel? Did you cut the clear coat down? If so, what did you use?

Reactions: Czechman

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks great !! You have a lot more skill and energy than
I do, the best thing I can do is never touch the paint on my car and pay someone who knows what they are doing to keep mine looking good ;)

Have you ever been to Griots in Tacoma? It's worth a trip as your close by.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
I purchased my car last July in the dead summer. At that time I used Turtle wax ICE liquid wax to put a temporary coat on the front, top and rear of the car (until it cooled off a bit). During Thanksgiving vacation I did a full clay bar and two step sealant process. It turned out nothing short of amazing.

Products used: Meguiar's G1016 Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Duragloss 601 Polish bonding agent, Duragloss 105 Total Performance Polish. I also used Turtle wax ICE liquid wax on the decals, spoilers and plastic trim.

It took me about 9 hours total, lots of elbow grease and a few ibuprofen. :laugh2:

I am extremely pleased with the results and have never seen paint look so good! :grin2:

Don't you just love the Duragloss products? I sealed mine with the same as you and it's lasted almost 11 months.

If you want a more reflective look, so the DG sealant, lay a good wax, then apply a layer of Duragloss Track Paw...you won't believe the mirror like finish you'll get

1 - 20 of 22 Posts