Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this pretty easy to use ? I have swirls and small scratch marks and ordered the Zaino clay bar and detailing spray.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The clay bar is meant/used to remove particles/contaminants that are attached to the paint. It is not going to remove swirl marks or scratches. The way to tell if you need to use a Clay Bar is to put your hand in a plastic baggie or wrap it in saran wrap and then lightly run your hand over the car after you have washed and dried it. If it feels bumpy or rough then you have contaminants which should be removed before you wax over them and trap them.

If you want to remove the swirl marks or scratches then you will have to do this with a product line Zaino Z5 - Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches.

BTW - to Clay Bar a car is quite easy. I would suggest that you check out a few sites for tips and videos before you do it though.

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.htmlhttp://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

Instructional Detailing Videos

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I would echo Thump's remarks in regard to the claybar. He is spot on.

If you want to remove the swirl marks or scratches then you will have to do this with a product line Zaino Z5 - Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches.
....just to clarify, Z5 will not "remove" blemishes. While it will help "hide" some light scratches, it has no abrasive characteristics and is really just a sealant with fillers. The only products in Zainos lineup that will actually correct (to an extent) are Z-CS and Z-AIO.

....btw, I hope this doesn't come off as a "know it all" remark. I just wanted to make sure the OP didn't misunderstand.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
....btw, I hope this doesn't come off as a "know it all" remark. I just wanted to make sure the OP didn't misunderstand.
Nope, spot on the money! To the OP while the clay isn't going to remove blemishes it still isn't a bad idea to do to prevent future issues since it does remove contaminants from the paint. I clay mine once or twice a year and then apply a good quality wax and the finish stays like glass.

And ditto the plastic bag test, its a real eye opener.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i agree with everyone, just remember the more lube the better when your claying the car.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
....sorry, "she".

Enough with the "Quotes". :werd:

I truly am a woman...........was born this way and will die this way. I am not butch and love my girly things which include my Challenger.

BTW - I still take no offense if someone thinks I am a man as it is difficult to tell on the forum.

Thanks to usaffrank for pointing the incorrect assumption out though.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Enough with the "Quotes". :werd:

I truly am a woman...........was born this way and will die this way. I am not butch and love my girly things which include my Challenger.

BTW - I still take no offense if someone thinks I am a man as it is difficult to tell on the forum.
I don't doubt you're a woman, and certainly didn't mean to offend with my quotes (was just emphasizing that "I got it"). .....people sometimes mistake me as a woman due to my relatively unusual name (Kean is really my first name). :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I don't doubt you're a woman, and certainly didn't mean to offend with my quotes (was just emphasizing that "I got it"). .....people sometimes mistake me as a woman due to my relatively unusual name (Kean is really my first name). :)
No offense taken as I now understand that you were just emphasizing it. Me being bad I guess..............so I apologize for my misunderstanding.

BTW - If you don't mind me asking what nationality is Kean from? I live in a very multi-cultural part of Canada but have never heard this name before so am curious.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
BTW - If you don't mind me asking what nationality is Kean from? I live in a very multi-cultural part of Canada but have never heard this name before so am curious.
....I don't mind.

It's a Gaelic derivative. ....although Im not Irish myself (part English).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts